Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cop searches 1,300 students for missing magazine

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or the lounge. Anyway, when I read this, I was so fucking mad I could spit. Welcome to the future.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Every student leaving Arlington High School Tuesday afternoon was searched by police after a school officer's gun magazine was stolen during a scuffle.
    Police told 6News' Ericka Flye that the officer tried to break up a fight between three girls outside the school. During the scuffle, one of the girls kicked his gun, unhooking the magazine from his belt, police said.
    School officials said they believe a student took the magazine sometime after that.

Before 26 buses were allowed to leave the school Tuesday afternoon, all 1,300 students were searched by police, but the magazine was never found. The search took more than two hours to complete.
    School officials stressed that the officer's gun was never at risk of being taken during the fight.
    "There was never a gun in the fight. The gun was never out of the officer's holster. No kids were ever in danger," said Indianapolis Public Schools spokeswoman Mary Louise Bewley. "Now we simply need the kid who has the ammunition to come forward and give it up."
    Security cameras at the school recorded the fight, but school officials said there was so much commotion that they were not able to see where the magazine dropped or who picked it up.
    "They don't understand the havoc that they create when they do foolish things like this," Bewley said.
    As officers used wands and patted down students in their search, students grew restless and some parents came to the school out of concern.
    The gun magazine was not found, but officials hope someone will come forward.
    "Better to just say, 'Look, I've got it. I thought it would be funny,' and move on," Bewley said.
    Officials planned to search the outside grounds and inside the school Wednesday.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Cop searches 1,300 students for missing magazine

How could they possibly do that without a warrant. Even if it was voluntary wouldn't they have to contact all the parents first? I would be fuming if they searched my kid without my permission, the school and the police department would both be in a lawsuit.

(Luzerne County)

OMG! A magazine is like a WMD.. right?

I mean.. THINK of ALL the damage some kid could do with a magazine... but no gun....

Wow

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    How could they possibly do that without a warrant. Even if it was voluntary wouldn't they have to contact all the parents first? I would be fuming if they searched my kid without my permission, the school and the police department would both be in a lawsuit.
    Kids don't really have rights. Sad, but schools are a few staps away from prisons these days.

I remember they did that to us when I was a junior one time. Every kid got searched before getting on the bus for some shit or another. Luckily everyone ditched their pot, cigarettes, pipes, papers, and knives before getting searched. They didn't do a very good job.

I'm not shocked.

BTW, since when is a magazine a weapon? It don't work without the gun.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post

BTW, since when is a magazine a weapon? It don't work without the gun.
    Yeah, but neither does drawings of guns, sayings about guns, etc.. but those seem to be verbotten! in (government) schools too

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Northampton County)

*checks classifieds for someone selling a single mag*

I mean, if someone's selling cheap G22 mags, I'm not asking questions...
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    *checks classifieds for someone selling a single mag*

I mean, if someone's selling cheap G22 mags, I'm not asking questions...
    Don't forget ebay....oh yeah forgot you can't sell that type of dangerous weapon on ebay

These JBTs will use any "justification" to continue to acclimate the kids in re-education camps toward the ultimate acceptance of a police state.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

Hey, at least they know it was a magazine instead of a clip
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    Hey, at least they know it was a magazine instead of a clip
    What? They change the term again? How is anyone going to keep up if they keep changing what they are calling it?
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Kids don't really have rights. Sad, but schools are a few staps away from prisons these days.
    Kids may not have the same legal rights as adults, but they certainly have natural rights, one of which is the right to be secure in their persons and property when it comes to government interference. Of course, I understand this is more philosophical than reality, since natural rights are pretty much ignored in this country.

Although, even in our society where children are not given proper rights, the parents certainly do have the right to control how the government interacts with their children. If I was a parent of a child at that school, I would be getting quite involved, perhaps with a lawsuit.
    Daniel M. Carrico

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast