Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Whats the deal with the headphones?

I don't get it, Everywhere I look are people wearing headphones... WHY? Is Music THAT important?

I was taking a placement test and there were 2 guys jamming out with headphones on during the test... what the hell?

Last week I was at the History Museum in Philly and there was a chaperone with at least 30 kids running around and he was wearing headphones the whole time

I just saw some guy doing an interview on the news, talking to the reported, with headphones on.

did I miss something?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Whats the deal with the headphones?

You are looking at the next generation of deaf people in a few years if they live long enough crossing the street, driving, working on machinery etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I just saw some guy doing an interview on the news, talking to the reported, with headphones on.
    Fox News? Story about the company sharing a large investment payoff with all of their employees?

-Burnsie

(Montgomery County)

I think it's since music players have gotten so tiny and portable, it's not a big deal to have to carry your tunes around with you anymore, so people do it more often.

It's funny running into someone on the elevator who has their headphones so loud that you can hear it clearly... these people are going to have no hearing at all when they get older.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    Fox News? Story about the company sharing a large investment payoff with all of their employees?

-Burnsie
    yeah looked like he had his Ipod headphones in.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

yeah looked like he had his Ipod headphones in.
    I agree 100% with what you are saying, that people walk around with 'phones in all the time, but with that interview it was a different reason. They were be interviewed over Skype, which is an instant messenger/video chat program. Many people wear headphones, because if you are using an internal microphone, it will create interference and feedback and produce terrible audio. There were probably just trying to get the clearest audio they could, considering they were on national television.

-Burnsie

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    I agree 100% with what you are saying, that people walk around with 'phones in all the time, but with that interview it was a different reason. They were be interviewed over Skype, which is an instant messenger/video chat program. Many people wear headphones, because if you are using an internal microphone, it will create interference and feedback and produce terrible audio. There were probably just trying to get the clearest audio they could, considering they were on national television.

-Burnsie
    yeah I figured as much, typically the people wearing the headphones are a little more... ghetto? not business owners

yeah I figured as much, typically the people wearing the headphones are a little more... ghetto? not business owners
    If you go onto a college campus, you'll see that a large portion of the population are listening to something on music players or phones. All it does is decrease the interpersonal skills of most of them.

Thus continues the downward trend....

-B

Nothing wrong with an Ipod, but there is a time and a place for it. I wonder how many people have gotten hit crossing streets since these ipods appeared? Another observation is what a great target for the bad guys, these people make easy targets. Hearing is one of your senses, why would you voluntarily give that up in the streets? I can't even have my back to the door at a resturant !

Invest in hearing aid companies and tattoo removal machine makers. Sure to make a fortune. This is not just a local thing, its world wide. Its about tuning out all the noise others make talking on phones, to each others, singing outloud, or just being weird. Ride the new york or boston subway and you will be wishing for a pair of head phones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast