Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Philadelphia police on open carry

I know some here are aware and have participated, but for the others, you might be interested in this discussion of open carry at the Philly police forum Domelights.

Link

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Philadelphia police on open carry

please...not this shit again....make it stop

Last edited by crakkajakka15; March 12th, 2009 at 12:30 PM.

(Lebanon County)

This has to be some of the stupidest shit I have ever read!!!

You can't carry a gun in Philadelphia unless you are licensed or exempt from licensing.

The ONLY license issued empowers people to carry CONCEALED.

Therefore, if you CARRY under the license, the gun has to be concealed.

(Lebanon County)

This is no "update" its a FYI the law hasn't changed a bit, ask the woman in the county that had this issue.

(Lebanon County)

I can ASSURE you that open carrying in philadelphia will result in arrest/detention and/or revokation of the license to carry. This happens in Philadelphia on a regular basis.

So you go on and keep convincing yourself that your theory is correct. I'll continue to do my job and ARREST people who violate this law and confiscate/revoke their license to carry.
    Exaggeration much?

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    I know some here are aware and have participated, but for the others, you might be interested in this discussion of open carry at the Philly police forum Domelights.
    Y'know, that thread sounds like something that could've happened here, minus the references to MPOEC. Interesting to see the other side of the coin, though. Thanks for pointing it out!

(Lebanon County)

Nothing surprised me much except I didn't think any of them would be dumb enough to outright threaten to kill people just because they open carried. They must not realize how easy it is to find out who they are when they post on a message board....

(Mercer County)

Yet another reason to never take my family to Philly. Some of those cops have some incredibly high horses! Laws don't matter. Case law doesn't matter. One had immense pride in taking away rights of others. Egads.

Not to mention the blood-thirsty moonbats who are threatening to kill you if you dare OC.

(Lehigh County)

i like the guy talking about stirring shit..... saying that we dont need to educate leo's... they are just like everyone else.. they make mistakes when misinformed.... those mistakes usually end up with the city/township/state paying off the person whos rights were violated...

(Lehigh County)

Open carry has it's place, it's called the woods. I am not a cop, and I do hold a valid carry permit, I'm sorry LTCF as all the paranoid Zombie killers like to correct people on a certain "if you don't open carry you're a tool hurting our cause" site.

To me those whom open carry are attention whores trying to push thier opinion down everyone's throat. Yeah it's legal, but so is walking around in your underwear, but that doesn't mean we should all do it, or that it's a good idea.

If you want to stir s**t, go to Taco Bell eat three Gordita's and wait, deposit the leftovers in the toilet and start stirring.

As a "civilian" that carries a firearm wherever legal I am really getting tired of all these people who think they can "educate" the police. Give it a rest already. Believe it or not for most part the cops are on "our" side, they are gun owners too.
    wow... clearly directed at THIS site... Imagine... stupid citizens having the audacity to stand up for their rights. What business do civilians have knowing what the hell their Rights are?

some posts there were genuinely trying to seek clarification of the law, and some noted the explicitness of the legality of OC.

Other posts were just about the most frightening displays of ignorance and intolerance I've ever seen... and come from LEO's, thats really scary.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast