Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Pre Ban SA 85M AK47 value

I have a Kassnar imported, FEG SA 85M that is new in the box, never fired. This is a pre-ban AK. It has the full stock, which I think I read is steamed Elm. It has everything but one of the original clips. What's it worth? I've seen them on GunBroker anywhere from $1400 to $2300. It that realistic?

I don't know much about these guns but I bought it on a whim. I would appreciate some guidance. I don't want to give it away but I don't want to get taken advantage of either. I've added a few photos to confirm it's condition.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pre Ban SA 85M AK47 value

Personally i wouldnt sell a gun like that, The Hungarians are among the best AK's ever built, i would keep it .

Untill Obama leaves office all bets are off , you can ask anything you want for it , but a good price right now would be between , 1500-2000 usd, beautiful gun i might add, i would never sell it .

Nyman

(Berks County)

What he said. You'd be insane to sell that right now. Beautiful AK.

(Allegheny County)

I agree too ... Unless your really need the money, keep it. They are GREAT rifles.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Butler County)

Thank you for the information. Selling it is not a matter of financial hardship, I'm just into hand guns and long range accuracy shooting more. I haven't shot it so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing! lol

I shot a friends WASR-10 a few weeks ago and it got me thinking about this one so I started researching it.

(Bucks County)

The FEG AK is second to none, IMHO. Preban Kassnar imported? Icing on the cake. never fired? about close to perfection in the semi AK world. $ 2300 is insane but I have not priced them recently. I would watch to see how much the ones on GB sell for. The trouble with selling a FEG is that you really need to find somebody who would appreciate and pay the premium. If you are not one of those this may actually be the perfect time to sell. I'm guess you paid about $ 650 for it?

Oh yeah, I've got two - otherwise I would be making you a offer

(Butler County)

I've been watching GunBroker for the past couple weeks. One sold yesterday that was an underfolder with one mag, fired but in nice condition with no other accessories. $1475.

The one I have is in really nice condition. Even if I keep I don't know if I'd fire it. If that's the case, what's the point?

(Philadelphia County)

I'm gonna go against the grain on this one and say that I would consider selling it if I were you and could get such a great price. I'd rather have a 3 "shooter" rifles than one wall hanger.

I'm sure she's a looker, but AKs don't have to look great to work well. Aside from Valmets, you don't really get a performance upgrade by paying more for one. The FEG won't outperform a properly made romanian.

If the laws stay the same, the FEG would continue to slowly appreciate in value; if import restrictions were relaxed, it would be worth less; if a new AWB banned transfer it would be worth nothing but how happy it made you.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    I'm gonna go against the grain on this one and say that I would consider selling it if I were you and could get such a great price. I'd rather have a 3 "shooter" rifles than one wall hanger.

I'm sure she's a looker, but AKs don't have to look great to work well. Aside from Valmets, you don't really get a performance upgrade by paying more for one. The FEG won't outperform a properly made romanian.

If the laws stay the same, the FEG would continue to slowly appreciate in value; if import restrictions were relaxed, it would be worth less; if a new AWB banned transfer it would be worth nothing but how happy it made you.
    Very true ... if he really isn't in AKs, then it might be worth selling it and buying a Yugo plus have enough $$ to buy a bunch of ammo and mags, or another pistol as he did say he is into them.

But for me personally, I don't think I could sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Butler County)

I'm thinking along the same lines of selling this one to someone that will really appreciate it and buying something I won't mind shooting. A friend of mine has a few that he is going to sell and I thought I might pick up one of those. He's got a Romanian .223, a Maadi 7.62 and a Norinco SKS Sporter 7.62. All will be between $3-$400.

If I was to pick up one of those, which should it be? As I said, I just started doing research on these and I'm stumbling a little.

My experience is with competitive target shooting and hand guns, not military type firearms.

Again, thank you for your input. I value your opinions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast