I had sold my wifes S&W .38 snubbie and needed to get a gun she and I coud both shoot. I wanted to try a semi. I bought a Sig 2022 in 9MM for a variety of reasons - in no particular order:

1. I wanted a gun my wife could operate. The very large slide release on the 2022 was big enough for her to use and in a position that allowed leverage with one hand. The decocker was also easier for her and I to use on this model.

2. She liked the feel of the Sig 2022 more than the Ruger 101 in 3" and that was the relevant wheel gun I wanted to compare to. I don't think a snubbie in .28 with a less than 2" barrel is comparative on a ballistic basis.

3. Cabellas had it on sale from $599 marked down to $499. Even a used one on Gunbroker with shipping and FFL fee would be more than this based on what I have seen. I bought the last one and they are now sold out in hamburg.

4. Stainless steel - I avoid handguns that are not stainless. I have had enough of oil rags all the time to preserve guns. This gun should be good against corrossion of sweat on hands

5. I stronglly prefer 45 acp to 9mm for defense but a 9mm is much cheaper and will allow more range time for both myself and my wife for our first semi auto pistol. I can always go by a 45 acp after we are both good shots and very comfortable with the Sig 2022. I don't care for the sharp crack of a .40 so it really is between a 9MM and a .45 and a 9MM won round one.

6. Trigger. I don't like semi triggers except in 1911 target models but the sig had the best from what I reviewed for a Double / single action. I think we tested 15 or 20 semi's in total over months. The sig 2022 was the best of a weak group. I would never own a rifle or revolver with a trigger anything like most semi auto triggers. T

7. Grip and feel - especially length of trigger pull. The 2022 had a shorter trigger pull then the others under final consideration. This made it much better for my wife. I was indifferent to this issue but it was big for her.

8. The weight was real nice for her. The other sigs in all steel were a bit heavy for her. We probobly won't carry but if we do it would be easier to carry.

9. The CZ 75B in stainless and FNP-9 and S&W M&P were strong finalists. All were nice guns. I still really like the Kimber 1911's and will surely eventually get one but they were not best at this time.

10. Sig seems to have a good reputation for quality and the price was very reasonable for what seems to be a well made gun.

11. The fit, feel, grip, weight, EASE OF OPERATING THE DECOCKER AND SLIDE RELEASE, stainless steel, trigger pull length, trigger crispness, price/value all added up to the 2022 being the gun for us to buy.

Now it is off to the range to test it out and see how we like it.