Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Smile bought the Sig 2022

I had sold my wifes S&W .38 snubbie and needed to get a gun she and I coud both shoot. I wanted to try a semi. I bought a Sig 2022 in 9MM for a variety of reasons - in no particular order:

1. I wanted a gun my wife could operate. The very large slide release on the 2022 was big enough for her to use and in a position that allowed leverage with one hand. The decocker was also easier for her and I to use on this model.

2. She liked the feel of the Sig 2022 more than the Ruger 101 in 3" and that was the relevant wheel gun I wanted to compare to. I don't think a snubbie in .28 with a less than 2" barrel is comparative on a ballistic basis.

3. Cabellas had it on sale from $599 marked down to $499. Even a used one on Gunbroker with shipping and FFL fee would be more than this based on what I have seen. I bought the last one and they are now sold out in hamburg.

4. Stainless steel - I avoid handguns that are not stainless. I have had enough of oil rags all the time to preserve guns. This gun should be good against corrossion of sweat on hands

5. I stronglly prefer 45 acp to 9mm for defense but a 9mm is much cheaper and will allow more range time for both myself and my wife for our first semi auto pistol. I can always go by a 45 acp after we are both good shots and very comfortable with the Sig 2022. I don't care for the sharp crack of a .40 so it really is between a 9MM and a .45 and a 9MM won round one.

6. Trigger. I don't like semi triggers except in 1911 target models but the sig had the best from what I reviewed for a Double / single action. I think we tested 15 or 20 semi's in total over months. The sig 2022 was the best of a weak group. I would never own a rifle or revolver with a trigger anything like most semi auto triggers. T

7. Grip and feel - especially length of trigger pull. The 2022 had a shorter trigger pull then the others under final consideration. This made it much better for my wife. I was indifferent to this issue but it was big for her.

8. The weight was real nice for her. The other sigs in all steel were a bit heavy for her. We probobly won't carry but if we do it would be easier to carry.

9. The CZ 75B in stainless and FNP-9 and S&W M&P were strong finalists. All were nice guns. I still really like the Kimber 1911's and will surely eventually get one but they were not best at this time.

10. Sig seems to have a good reputation for quality and the price was very reasonable for what seems to be a well made gun.

11. The fit, feel, grip, weight, EASE OF OPERATING THE DECOCKER AND SLIDE RELEASE, stainless steel, trigger pull length, trigger crispness, price/value all added up to the 2022 being the gun for us to buy.

Now it is off to the range to test it out and see how we like it.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: bought the Sig 2022

Great choice! Nice price too, I picked mine up at Sportsmans Warehouse here in Pittsburgh at $469+tax. If yours seems tight at all when new, it will get very nicely broken in after around 150-200rnds. The double action trigger pull is also very nice and will only get better with time. There is a frequently asked question posting on the net all about the SP2022, maintenance and all that good stuff. I can't recall the site address, but it should turn up on google under a search for Sig Pro FAQ.

(Lehigh County)

Congrats on the purchase, Sigs are great guns and the price was good, glad to see you found a gun that fits her well. Enjoy...

(Montgomery County)

I picked up a sig pro 2022 in 9mm back in December. I put about 800 rounds through the gun without any problems. Its my first handgun purchase, but I'm completely satisfied with the gun. Actually I wasn't expecting so much considering the price of the gun, but then again it is a sig. It feels great in my hand and handles the recoil very well compared to my p228. I might opt in get the shorter trigger possibly. If you want to tame the recoil a little more considering your wife is going to be shooting it their are metal guide rods ava for the gun. It comes stock with a plastic one. The gun is very accurate and handles anything you throw at it. The trigger feel is very smooth, its just a light little squeeze. You won't be dissappointed.

(Lehigh County)

thanks for all the encouragement.
    I found the sig pro FAQ site and will use it.

I will also see how it loosens up after a bunch of rounds.

I will report back how it works out for us.

(Lehigh County)

other reasons why I bought it (that I originally did not list) include

11. the Sig pro guns passed rigerous government testing and were sellected for agency purchase

12. great reported accuracy by users. some say more accurate that the stell sigs.

(Monroe County)

The Sigpro Pistols are awesome , right now i have my Sigpro 2009 on my hip in a DeSantis leather holster, same gun as the 2022 but without the light rail.

They have the best triggers of all Sigs.

Untill you mentioned it i didnt noticed it before that the huge slides on Sigs are a Tactical advantage because it makes them easy to grasp and rack, unlike say a CZ or DE.

The Sigrpos are no longer marketed in the USA but are still made and Sold in Europe, The Government of France ordered like 3 million 2022 for thier Army and Police forces.
    I have many Sigs but my 2009 Sigpro is the only one i like to Carry.
    Enjoy

(Bucks County)

Congratulations on the purchase. It's great seeing someone who really does their research, thinks things through carefully, and tests so many options before making a buy.

(York County)

Hey Guys!

I am looking to buy a sig pro 9MM ASAP. I am in York PA so my choices on gun shops are limited. I am willing to make the trip if I can get a good deal. I have seen brand new 2022's for $399 online so I am hoping I can find one in PA for that price. If anyone has info on where I can find one, please reply or email me at timothybrockwell@yahoo.com

Much thanks!
    Tim

I love my Sig 2009 so much I am looking to buy a second one to keep in the safe. I have shot upwards to 2000 rds + thru it since January and currently use it for 3 gun and at some point idpa or uspsa. A lot of people don't like the double action to single action of the sig but I have found with practice you can master it.

congrats, but watch out sigs multiply....
    Tantric Shooting Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast