Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Lee Powder Measure & Hornady Seating stem

Good Morning All
    Just put on a Hornady Seating Die with a Microjust Seating Stem on my Lee Classic Turret press. I also use a Lee Pro Auto Disk Powder measure.
    Any ideas on how I can use them both together? The Micro stem raises the height quite a bit so it hits the measure in every angle I have tried.
    Any suggestions other than to prime in a seperate process?
    There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
    -- Charlton Heston, 15 Sep 1997

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Lee Powder Measure & Hornady Seating stem

my brother has the hornady lock N load AP and the powder dump works great on it, as to mounting on a Lee press, I would go to Hornadys web and E-mail or call them. they seem to be real helpful. I do not think you will be able to get it to work without a lot of trouble. I read a guy tried to use Lee Dies in a lock n load AP and had to switch to hornady to get it to work, I have the hornady powder dump but use it with a single stage press. I like how easy it is to change the mitering stems for the different caliburs.

(Bucks County)

Maybe you could try using a couple of Auto-Disk risers to clear the seating die?

Quote Originally Posted by ah141nj View Post
    Good Morning All
    Just put on a Hornady Seating Die with a Microjust Seating Stem on my Lee Classic Turret press. I also use a Lee Pro Auto Disk Powder measure.
    Any ideas on how I can use them both together? The Micro stem raises the height quite a bit so it hits the measure in every angle I have tried.
    Any suggestions other than to prime in a seperate process?

Quote Originally Posted by VariableFeedback View Post
    Maybe you could try using a couple of Auto-Disk risers to clear the seating die?
    Thanks VF,
    Tryed that last night. Was able to pick up another riser yesterday. Seemed to work.
    Made some test loads of Clays with different OAL's for Hornady 230 gr 45 ACP
    Will try em out tonight if I get home early enough. Not so fond of the MicroStem so far. Its no big deal. Hard to read the measurements. Doesnt seem to measure like a conventional micrometer.
    There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
    -- Charlton Heston, 15 Sep 1997

(Bucks County)

I wasn't sure if the risers could be stacked, glad to hear that it worked. I've never tried the MicroStem dies. I only have Lee dies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ah141nj View Post
    Thanks VF,
    Tryed that last night. Was able to pick up another riser yesterday. Seemed to work.
    Made some test loads of Clays with different OAL's for Hornady 230 gr 45 ACP
    Will try em out tonight if I get home early enough. Not so fond of the MicroStem so far. Its no big deal. Hard to read the measurements. Doesnt seem to measure like a conventional micrometer.