Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default West York Sporting No good!!!

I have posted this in one other thread But I belive it needs to be spoken Loudly..

My wife had bought a gun out of state to save on the sales tax...Forgive me government for I have sinned. LOL I have had been to his place before and Im a big supporter of local business. This guy should have his ability revoked. He has told my wife now for three days that he hasn't had the chance to log the weapon in and it would be ready every other day.... I stayed out of it as it was her gun and transfer as some people have stated the guy is a bit off. I went in with her today as she was uneasy with him after the first hand gun she had bought...She was talked into shooting classes.(she isnt the best at saying no) My daughter who is showing interest in shooting as well said the guy is crazy..They come home and have this papoer from him about Barak or how ever you spell his name taklking about searching and weapons mumbo gumbo..Handing out your political belifs to customers is a little overbearing..I would think at least...anyways the issue at hand is that they guy is telling her the wrong info. That gun should have been logged in 24 hours . She should have been called and aware that the gun was there. None of this has happened. I called today and stuck my nose in and he blew his top. stating "I was accusing him of not properly booking the wepon" also swearing at me and saying some other uncalled for crap..I said simply why have you had possosion of the weapon for 5 days and not called her once? Why has she had to call you? Why did yuou give her a copy of your FFL to fax because you couldn't get it faxed correctly...I have it sitting here in front of me!!! why have you not been helpful? You charge 80 to transfer...you should roll out a red carpet!! anyways a long story short.. He said he was very busy and didn't have time. I bet the ATF will have plenty of time to check his records and look up his ass.

Buyers/shooters beware...This guy is no beuno!!

Feel free to Pm me with specifics I only touched on a few things about this that really ticked me off.

(Adams County)

Default Re: West York Sporting No good!!!

Welcome to PAFOA. Yeah, I agree, the guy has seen the last of my business. The next time you or a member of your family needs/wants a gun, do yourselves a favor- travel about 3 miles west on Market into 30 and go see Eric at Stubby Gear, he's on the left, look for the Army truck and sandbags. He can order in just about anything you want, is knowledgeable, friendly and is also a member of this forum. If you need to buy out of state again, he charges $20.00, not the $80.00 the merry Space Cadet charges.

Take care-

Keith
    USMV M/C

(Dauphin County)

I had the honor a few days ago of stopping in at West York Sporting Goods.

To me, it seems a lot has changed since I last visited this place 5 years prior (my first visit in 2004).

When I visited this shop in '04, I was greeted by a very professional young man confined to a wheelchair, with a Sig in a cross-draw holster. I was very new to semi-automatic pistols (and guns in general, for the most part) and was looking over some possible purchases.

The whole time, I couldn't keep my eye off of his Sig. I had shot a P220 .45 before and was very impressed with this pistol. I mentioned this to him, to which he opened up a box of ammo, loaded 10 rounds into a magazine, took me over to the range, and set up a target. He handed me the pistol and magazine and told me to "have at it". While shooting, he even offered some tips and advice to get my shots in the X-ring where it belonged.

We talked about different guns, shooting techniques, and must have sat there "shooting the bull" for almost 2 hours. I never did make a purchase that day except for a couple boxes of ammo and some B-27 targets, but promised myself I'd return again.

Well, I fulfilled my promise a few days ago. The man in the wheelchair wasn't there anymore. In fact, when I walked in I thought the place was shut down because it looked NOTHING like the shop I walked into 5 years prior. I hear a voice recording over a loudspeaker: "Welcome to West York Sporting Goods. Please have a seat. I will be right with you."

Next thing I know, I'm meeted by the "whack job". First thing he does is fire off how he needs to sell off all his ammo because Obama is going to make him destroy what he can't sell by June 30. Then he states he hasn't done much with the place because the "handgun ban is right around the corner."

While listening to this idiot spew off at the mouth, another customer walks in, considering trading his XD45 for a new XDm in .40. As they're talking, I notice the customer un-holster the XD45 and drop the magazine before comparing the XD with the XDm. I immediately said, "Umm....clear the chamber?" to which he replied, "I don't carry with one in the pipe." When I asked him why, he said, "The XD doesn't have a manual safety; and with my Martial Arts training, there's no reason I can't rack the slide quickly enough."

I couldn't believe what I just heard, until Mr. Whack Job says he tells EVERYONE to NEVER carry with one in the chamber unless there's a manual safety. Huh? I explained to the customer (and him) that as long as you keep your booger-hook off the go-bang button, you'll be fine, even with one in the chamber. Any other way than "hot and ready", and you're carrying nothing more than an expensive paperweight when it matters the most.

At that point, I told them both to have a good afternoon and made haste to my van and GOT THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

So I'll gladly agree with everyone else here - STAY AWAY!

I'm also going to be checking out Stubby's Gear next time I'm down there. I think I might have been there before; but if so, it's been a while and I don't even remember what I might've gone in there for.

-38SnubFan

(Luzerne County)

Damn... and all this time I've been carrying my revolvers and Glock LOADED

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Talking Re: West York Sporting No good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post

Oh my, we need to send you back to school!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by abtcorrado View Post
    My wife had bought a gun out of state to save on the sales tax...

You charge 80 to transfer...
    1. She's still technically responsible for paying the taxes. Only, instead of sales tax, it's Use tax.
    If you or your business buys items that are subject to Sales Tax, for which the seller does not charge and collect the tax on the invoice (or receipt), you are personally responsible for remitting the tax directly to the PA Department of Revenue. This tax is called USE TAX.
    2. Even assuming she doesn't pay the use tax, I doubt she saved much over just buying the gun somewhere with a reasonable transfer fee, and would have it in hand by now.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the heads up - - I'll never go there. I deal with enough clowns and don't need one who owns a gun shop!

Stubby Gear are real good people - - give them the business.

"LIFE IS SHORT - DON'T BE A DICK"

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post

Why, why, why that's just crazy talk You could shoot your eye out...

(York County)

Thanks for the warning. That guy sounds like a real nut case.

I have to agree with everyone else. Stubby Gear is great to deal with.

I bought a 91/30 from aim surpluss right before Christmas. It was my first time buying on the internet. The guys at Stubby were real helpful and answered all my questions. Transfer fee of $20 was the best price around.

(York County)

This place is 2 blocks from where I work and I have stopped in to browse his selection of guns and I have even shot at his range twice. My son and I were there in February to shoot at the range and when we were done we stuck around for a while looking at the new guns he got in, there was a young married couple that stopped in to shoot (His wife paid for the 1/2 hour range time as a valentines gift. very nice) this was the first time either of them had been there. The owner asked if the wife was going to shoot his gun also and he said that she was, he asked her if she ever shot before and they both said yes she even has her own gun she just didn't bring it. The owner still wanted her to show him how she holds the gun and was lecturing her up and down about firearm safety even though both of them tried to tell him they have been shooting for years, he kept it up until they both almost left. I know they both were furious and I think they only stayed because of the whole valentines gift gesture. The guy is a real "whack job" and because of that I'm sure he has lost a ton of business. I don't plan on going back there and that's a shame that he is so close to where I work.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast