Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ruby Tuesday's in Lebanon

GF and I ate dinner there on Wed night. Love the homemade guacamole dip they have there. I was bitching about the jackasses not taking off their hats indoors while eating to my GF, I always take mine off at sit down places.

Got up to use the bathroom.

Older guy (with a hat on) at the next table says "camo pant's, plan on climbing a tree or something"

Patted my holster and said, "nah, I just keep shooting until they fallover"

Gotta love the deer in the headlights look he had.

So, other than that nobody seemed to care
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Ruby Tuesday's in Lebanon

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post

1. I always take mine off at sit down places.

2. Older guy (with a hat on) at the next table says "camo pant's, plan on climbing a tree or something"
    1. You should ALWAYS remove your hat indoors.

2. Wrong answer. Right answer: "My father taught me to respect my elders, so I won't comment on your complete lack of manners regarding the wearing of hats indoors or on giving your opinion when none was solicited."

I dunno, man. From what I have read here, some of you guys must have that "feel free to belittle me in public" look about you or something.

I've never had the pleasure of having this happen to me. I can't even imagine somebody addressing me in the manner in which some of you folks have been addressed while carrying.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Ruby Tuesday's in Lebanon

Yeah I don't think it's necessary to be a jerk to people when OC. Just say something polite like, "just using my right to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment".

(Wayne County)

Yeah, somewhere along the line it appears that removing your hat indoors has gone the way of holding a door for someone. I know I constantly kvetch about being civil but, it's the little civilities that grease the skids of civilization. No civilities, no civilized behavior.

Now I was always taught that men removed their hats indoors. Ladies were not required to. An ex-marine buddy of mine gave me a modifier to that (you ex-marines correct me if I'm wrong) which is that you are required to remove your cover indoors unless you are armed. In which case, the older gentleman making the comment may not have been acting inappropriately.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

I'm wearing a hat right now... and I'm indoors :P

I take the hat off when I'm sitting down to the dinner table at my parents but at restaurants? very rarely and its pretty rare to see me go out without a hat on, get over it, my head, my clothing, my hat.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

Man why does everyone have to be at each others throats over their opinions? All td said was he was raised to take your hat off indoors. He comes from a different generation. No need to come on and say "my hat my head get over it."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ira82 View Post
    Man why does everyone have to be at each others throats over their opinions? All td said was he was raised to take your hat off indoors. He comes from a different generation. No need to come on and say "my hat my head get over it."
    No he was bitching about the "jackasses" who have their hat on indoors... I'm sure if I said "I hate the jackass redneck inbred hicks that wear camo everywhere" because I was raised that Camo is for the woods only then I'm sure I'd catch hell from everyone for it. (no I don't think that... just an example)

And the response I would get would be "Its our clothing we can where it where ever we want".
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    GF and I ate dinner there on Wed night. Love the homemade guacamole dip they have there. I was bitching about the jackasses not taking off their hats indoors while eating to my GF, I always take mine off at sit down places...
    My bitch stepmother (Hat Nazi) is so against people wearing hats indoors and always has to voice her opinion. I'm glad you kept it to yourself, because if you didn't then you would be just as bad as the people that complain about OC.

(Lancaster County)

I will add my opinion to this one too.You may not like the fact that people wear hats at a sit down restaurant but they have a right to. I also assume management could also ask them to leave if they had a policy against wearing hats and they refused to take them off. We are on the OC forum here.........sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I will add my opinion to this one too.You may not like the fact that people wear hats at a sit down restaurant but they have a right to. I also assume management could also ask them to leave if they had a policy against wearing hats and they refused to take them off. We are on the OC forum here.........sound familiar?
    Great point. If you don't like people wearing hats in your house, tell them to take it off and if they don't kick them out. If you don't like people wearing hats at restaurants, then complain to your gf and grin and bear it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast