Default Utah CCW Certification

State of Utah CCW Certification

Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club in the combination building

Course Date

May 22, 2007
    Tuesday
    6pm - 9pm
    No live fire exercise on this date

The F.I.R.E. Institute is pleased to offer a course providing certification for a non-resident Utah Concealed Carry Weapons permit. The state of Utah currently has reciprocity with 25 other states, which means you will be able to legally carry in Utah as well as states that recognize a valid Utah CCW permit.

The F.I.R.E. Institute will provide the CCW application forms. At the conclusion of the course we will direct you as to how to proceed with respect to applying for a CCW permit to the Utah Dept. of Public Safety (Bureau of Criminal Identification).

For information regarding the total number of states that you will legally be able to carry a concealed weapon with both PA resident and Utah non resident permits, please visit our website.

Please note that when traveling armed outside the state of Pennsylvania into states that honor Utah's permit that many may have statutes and regulations more stringent than those with which we are familiar with in Pennsylvania. It is incumbent upon YOU to research the matter in order to avoid criminal violations (call the attorney's general offices of the states in which you will be traveling through and request information).

Safety: Review the primary causes of firearm related accidents, the basic elements of firearm safety, the four basic safety rules and safety on the range and in the home.

Gun Handling: Safe operation of semi-automatics and revolvers (loading and unloading) and weapon status check.

Ammunition: Types (centerfire vs. rimfire). Components. Inspect for imperfections. Reloaded ammunition. The potential range of ammunition once discharged from a firearm.

Fundamentals of Shooting: Stance. Grip. Sight alignment. Trigger manipulation. Follow through.

Cost $50.00: This includes range fees and handouts but does not include the fee charged by the state of Utah which is $59.00 as of December 2005. Other expenses may also be incurred such as Notary fees and fees charged by LE agencies for fingerprinting.

Course format: Lecture and classroom (approximately 3 + hrs.). Course runs from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm.

Instructor: Tony Ferrazzoli, a FIRE Institute staff instructor, has been qualified by the State of Utah to certify course participants. Mr. Ferrazzoli is an NRA certified instructor, a graduate of the Marksmans Enterprise (Jim Crews) 3-day handgun instructor course and Stock Brothers 3-day instructor clinic. Over the last 11 years he has accrued over a thousand hours of formal firearms instruction.

Class size: Enrollment will be limited to fifteen students.

Prerequisites: No prerequisites other than the minimum age limit of 21 years old. Proof of no criminal history is required. Please read through our Credentialing documentation and download an Enrollment form.

Deadlines for Enrollment: Applications must be received at least one week in advance of the date of the class. If there are not at least eight students enrolled one week before the class starts, the class will be cancelled, you will be notified, and all tuition will be promptly refunded. Tuition payment becomes non-refundable less than one month before the class date.

Please e-mail tony@fireinstitute.org or call 412.310.7838 for course details or if you have any questions.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Utah CCW Certification

I live in Centre Co, so weekdays are bad for me to drive out there.
    I'd like to do the class on a weekend with live fire excercises. When do you think this will happen again? I was unable to schedule your last one.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    I live in Centre Co, so weekdays are bad for me to drive out there. I'd like to do the class on a weekend with live fire excercises. When do you think this will happen again? I was unable to schedule your last one.
    It's very uncertain at this point if there will be another class on the weekend in 2007. Originally all classes were to be on Saturday's but my work schedule so far this year is in conflict with our training schedule and I can't afford to miss that much work and use up personal days.

The live fire exercie is not a substitute for a training course. I spend about an hour or so reviewing some very basic techniques.

(Westmoreland County)

We still have openings available in this class.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    We still have openings available in this class.
    I'd love to Tony but its the wrong side of the state.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

i sent in my app for this class a couple days ago.

hoping to somehow actually get the permit by july 22, though i think that will be tight. do you know if they will accept electronic fingerprints to speed things up like florida does?

also, i noticed when i sent in the app that the FIRE institute office is located only a block away from my office (in river park commons at 2403 sidney street). do you ever actually go into the office? if so, we should grab lunch sometime. that new doublewide place right next to your office as awesome burgers.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    i sent in my app for this class a couple days ago.

hoping to somehow actually get the permit by july 22, though i think that will be tight. do you know if they will accept electronic fingerprints to speed things up like florida does?
    I don't know. Best way to find out is to call them.

http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html

also, i noticed when i sent in the app that the FIRE institute office is located only a block away from my office (in river park commons at 2403 sidney street). do you ever actually go into the office? if so, we should grab lunch sometime. that new doublewide place right next to your office as awesome burgers.
    Thanks for the invite but that's not my office, it's Pete's law office.

(Westmoreland County)

We have adequate enrollment for this course to proceed. Although it is too late to snail mail the enrollment form, credentials and payment, if you'd like to attend you can bring these with you to the class.

However, I need to know if you're definitely attending as I am obligated to provide printed matter and I don't want to spend money printing copies we won't use. If you'd like to attend, please contact me via e-mail tony@fireinstitute.org, telephone (412.310.7838) or PM at this site.