Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Open Carry Philly Suburbs -2009 Edition

With the nice weather today - I took the dog for a 2 hr walk around Wayne OC'ing my M&P .45. No issues.

Radnor PD officer in a cruiser saw me waiting to cross the street at Rt 30 & Wayne Ave. He had a quizzical expression on his face as he looked at the .45 and then to my face. I just smiled - the light changed and he drove off...
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Open Carry Philly Suburbs -2009 Edition

Had to go to Radnor Township to get a construction permit to put on a new roof for my house (not part of the budget - but you gotta have a roof).

Wandered around the building in and out of 4 areas for around 20 mins OC'ing my S&W M&P .45. No issues. The Radnor PD are on the first floor - I was on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Venango County)

UGH...here we go again...

Seriously thanks to all you guys doing this, paving the way for rest of us to be free

and that Avatar is Heller...Umm..Hella-cool!

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Delaware County)

Smile Re: Open Carry Philly Suburbs -2009 Edition

Wow, open carry on the main line. You must have got a look from someone. You will put those people in shock.......lol

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    Wow, open carry on the main line. You must have got a look from someone. You will put those people in shock.......lol
    Nah - I've been doing this for about 3 years out here - usually a non-event or an education opportunity - I always carry one of the PAFOA brochures to give out - I've only had 1 'anti' encounter out on the main line in all of my time OC'ing.

I also OC'd in the Fidelity Investments in KofP on Rt202 today to make a deposit - no issues there either.
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Delaware County)

I'm working out in State College now - only in Delco on the weekends...

I'm only posting LEO encounters, new places or interesting discussions to keep the boredom factor down.....

I'm posting the routine OC stuff on twitter to educate the anti's. (I use the same handle and avatar on twitter)
    Last edited by lprgcFrank; April 11th, 2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Berks County)

Good Deal! wish my encounter today was as easy going..sheeple piss me off...lol

(Delaware County)

Had a good LEO encounter last night in the Starbucks in Wayne.

I was OC'ing my S&W M&P .45. I was out on a run to pick up beverages for my wife and daughter about 9:30 pm. Radnor PD Corporal comes in behind me. I said good evening to him - he said good evening to me. We waited for our beverages. I got mine and said good night. He nodded. He was behind me as I pulled out of the lot - but went straight heading west on 30 when I turned off.

I like living in Radnor where the PD is professional and well trained.
    Marko Kloos 2007