Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default WHERE CAN I GET AK74 MAGS

looking for ak74 mags for my sar 2. preferably the e.german bakelite 30 rd. or whatever is cheapest. i remember they used to go for about $10 but i'm afraid that deals long gone. i can't find them anywhere. i found the 45rd ones for $99 but there's no way in hell i'm paying that much. any info would be greatly appreciated.

(Adams County)

Default Re: WHERE CAN I GET AK74 MAGS

I'm hesitant to do this...because they are SO hard to find and I may want more

However, in the interest of doing a good dead instead of being self serving:

Buymilsurp.com

I just picked up 3 for about $75, and it was the only place that I could find ANY at any price. They're brand new, and while I haven't tested them I see no reason to worry.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Monroe County)

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    The AK-74 uses a 5.45x39mm cartridge and not the 7.62x39. Because of the difference in bullet lengths (5.45's being slightly longer) I'm not sure they're interchangeable. I think the 74 & 47 magazines aren't meant to be, but I don't know. The dealer I bought my 74 from said that the 47 mags wouldn't work, unfortunately.

camper

(Monroe County)

Sorry my dyslexia came into play here. I thought it said 47 not 74. sooorrrrrrryyyyy, my bad

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Sorry my dyslexia came into play here. I thought it said 47 not 74. sooorrrrrrryyyyy, my bad
    LOL...no sweat. To tell you the truth, if I thought that getting ANYTHING for the AK-74 would be an exercise in ultimate frustration I probably would have passed in favor of a Ruger Mini-14 or something easier to acquire parts/accessories for. (That I could still make to look 'evil')

camper

(Dauphin County)

camper. can you let me know if these mags will lock and feed. midway sells 30rounders for $20 but the reviews are terrible. what are you using them in sar or wasr etc. i have 5 of the e german bakelites and they work great but i'd like to have at least 3 more. arrrgh i wish i would of bought more when they were $10. BTW if you need 5.45 ammo rguns has it at the best price but shipping is looooong and they are aholes. if you call them and ask for a tracking # your wasting their time. maybe its just me but i'd like to know when ups is dropping 2160rds. at my door when i live in town and i may or may not be home. $298 with shipping to central pa. not what it used to be but it's still 12cents a round.

(Delaware County)

www.k-var.com

www.sksman.com
    He's not honoring the $20 price on the website (can't say I blame him), but he may still have some used ones for $30. I should have ordered new ones from K-Var, but the ones I got should work, and I needed other stuff from the site.

www.whatacountry.com
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by jt0311 View Post
    camper. can you let me know if these mags will lock and feed. midway sells 30rounders for $20 but the reviews are terrible. what are you using them in sar or wasr etc. i have 5 of the e german bakelites and they work great but i'd like to have at least 3 more. arrrgh i wish i would of bought more when they were $10. BTW if you need 5.45 ammo rguns has it at the best price but shipping is looooong and they are aholes. if you call them and ask for a tracking # your wasting their time. maybe its just me but i'd like to know when ups is dropping 2160rds. at my door when i live in town and i may or may not be home. $298 with shipping to central pa. not what it used to be but it's still 12cents a round.
    Sorry for the delay responding; must have missed it. I haven't tried the mags yet, but no reason to believe they won't feed properly. They seat in the rifle and lock like they should empty, and don't feel 'cheap'.

I'll check out that site for the ammo, I think I may want to pickup some more. That many rounds for $300 is a steal I think, and I'll wait a week or two to get it...so long as I get it

Thanks for the tip,

camper

(Delaware County)

I ordered a crate of ammo from RGuns. It took about a week and a half from putting in the order. It was only about a week ago that I got the ammo. The home page says they are busy, it may take 10 days to ship, and no tracking numbers.

The rifle I ordered from them was here in 2 days. Still waiting on the Glock mags though.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast