Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs down Target World Chalfont, Pa

Was in a pinch today and had to go there and get something i needed when no one else in the area had it and, i get it then it doesnt fit when i was told it should. I go to return in less then an hour after i bought it and i was told store credit only. I never go in there and every time its always a bad expierence, and their prices are higher then anyone else even major retailers. The policies are terrible i dont know how anyone can be loyal to them. Unless they have been "taking it" for a long time, there are so many other great shops to go to but still these guys do well i dont get it, they must get all the new gun buyers or all the non educated people. I cant see why anyone in their right mind would go in there and pay the crazy prices and give them their guns and take a killing to sell them. Sorry i am done now, it was 3 years since i was in there and it will be alot longer next time if that ever happens

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Target World Chalfont, Pa

I took an old co-worker of mine there.

This was my friends first time shooting a handgun...they made him draw handgun sights on a piece of paper then he finally was able to shoot..after finishing up our box of ammo, the guy at the counter looked at the target and said we expect shooters to be in the red "basically the bullseye".....
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

yes their attitude is the worst

(Bucks County)

I've read a number of negative posts about Target World. I've also heard rumors about them at the very least moving (and not continuing with a range) all the way down to going out of business.

I purchased my first handgun from them 2 weeks ago, however I did get a really good deal on it after much research online. I worked with Larry, Matt C., and Smitty, and they were all absolutely fantastic to deal with. I've purchased virtually everything else at Tanners (also great to work with), and I'll be going to Classic Pistol for the first time tomorrow.

Sucks to hear so many people have less than favorable experiences with them...

(Bucks County)

i've purchased a couple of guns from target world and got a competitive deal on my buckmark and a damn good deal on a AK. i do agree that their prices are on the highside compared to shops like tanners and surplus city. i've purchased ammo from them and a few other odds and ends and never had a problem. i've always been treated well by the staff so no issues for me there. i've never tried to return anything so i'm not familiar with their return policy. if "No Returns store credit only" is their policy and it's clearly visible then you're just going to have to live with it.

what was the item you purchased?
    Last edited by wellcraft; March 7th, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

(Bucks County)

I go down there when I need stuff no one else has. Prices are high for some stuff, but I still get powder for around $21 lb. In fact, I'm gonna go down there this morning to do just that. They're not that bad there, ease up some. Just because you had to get store credit is no reason to slam them so bad. Grow up.

(Delaware County)

I have been in that shop a couple of times, only because I was working in the area at the time.

I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to shop or shoot there. There are more friendly, better stocked places to spend my time and money.

(Bucks County)

i went and bought a set of leupold bases for a short action winchester m70, the screw pattern was correct andthey fit that way but the guy who helped me said the regular bases would fit no problem, the rear base was to long and the bolt could not open, it would hit part of the base.

their sign for "store credit only" is a tiny one, its not on the counter, its up on the wall and a little off to the side so your not looking at it.

you guys should take something in and either consign it or sell it and see how bad they will rape you on it. if i remember right they get 30% on consignment or something close

i took an SBE 12 ga into them and they were only going to give me 400 credit towards a new one, where everyother shop was in the 700-900 range

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin'Fool View Post
    i went and bought a set of leupold bases for a short action winchester m70, the screw pattern was correct andthey fit that way but the guy who helped me said the regular bases would fit no problem, the rear base was to long and the bolt could not open, it would hit part of the base.

their sign for "store credit only" is a tiny one, its not on the counter, its up on the wall and a little off to the side so your not looking at it.

you guys should take something in and either consign it or sell it and see how bad they will rape you on it. if i remember right they get 30% on consignment or something close

i took an SBE 12 ga into them and they were only going to give me 400 credit towards a new one, where everyother shop was in the 700-900 range
    I don't know what they give on trade-in vs. fair market value, but the consignment fee is 15%. If you choose to remove your gun from being sold, I think there's a $20 inventory fee you pay for them.

I'm going to go this afternoon to shoot (I have 3 free range hours with my pistol purchase 2 weeks ago).

I'll come back and post my thoughts.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    I'm going to go this afternoon to shoot (I have 3 free range hours with my pistol purchase 2 weeks ago).

I'll come back and post my thoughts.
    I might be headed there also.. I have a black/red mac tools 'range bag'

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast