Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Target World Chalfont, Pa

yes those guys are total JACKERS, rationing ammo? come on. Just another reason to stay away, plus the stuff is way higher then other shops

(Philadelphia County)

btt... because they suck.

(Philadelphia County)

Please note... this place sucks.

Last time I was there, they were charging $40 for WWB 9mm 100rd boxes.

Some of the guys there are pretty cool (Larry, for example), but too many of them are total jackasses and basically just ruined the place for me - and I've bought 2 guns there.

I don't even bother with the place anymore.

(Bucks County)

I am surprised. I am in there every weekend and actually have a great time with the staff. I see newbies in their all the time. They are treated with respect and always given the time to make an intelligent decision.

Does not sound like the TW I know. When do you go in there?

(Bucks County)

Step son took his girlfriend there last week to shoot. She said the range person was extremely condescending and rude to her....and she's a sweetheart.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: Target World Chalfont, Pa

I was there a few Sundays ago and had no problems. Every time I have been there I have been treated the way I expect. I have seen the range staff take time to show inexperienced shooters proper gun handling.

In December 2008 I took some friends there to buy their first guns. It was right after the election and the shop was insanely busy, but they took the time to show my friends just about every gun in the shop. Since then they have bought 4 or 5 guns there.

As for prices, I think they are about average in the area for guns. They can't compete with Bud's Gun Shop or Grice's, but few can. I didn't buy any ammo there, but I like that they don't make you buy their ammo to shoot there.

Maybe I have just been lucky and dealt only with decent people there, but I think they have a bad rep that is undeserved. YMMV.
    Are we winning hearts, when we should be bagging bodies?

(Delaware County)

As a ripe young 23 year old, I get very little respect from shop owners and employees who think they know everything there is to know about guns, and also think everyone else should right away or they shouldn't buy a gun at all. Target World is that kind of place. I walk in, and get ignored. A gentleman in his 40's walks in right behind me, and the staff immediately (after walking past me) ask him if he needs help finding anything.

When I finally broke down the one time and asked an employee for help, you'd think I just told him to rake the shit out of the cow yard - he had this look of, "awww man, I don't wanna!" When I ask questions because I don't have the answer (I'm 23 and I need to know these things to be safe and responsible), they look at me like I'm crazy, or ask me if I'm serious, then they have the balls to give me answers that I later find out to be incorrect. And when I ask to see a handgun to see how it fits, it's this huge production and he makes it seem like I am going to shoot someone with an empty gun.

I'll never go there again - it's Classic Pistol, American Arms and Ammo, and Tanner's for me from now on.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

Went there Thurs night to pick up some reloading supplies. Not the most out-going service (maybe because I went right to where I needed and not looking around) but they were pleasant. I've shot there and it's alright if it's too cold out plus my club doesn't allow rapid fire.

(Lancaster County)

I used to live half a mile from the place. I used to see some good deals in the used pistol case. They used to give a 5% discount on new stuff if you showed them proof of current membership in a shooting club (maybe they still do?) which made their prices on new guns pretty good.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast