Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Target World Chalfont, Pa

Quote Originally Posted by kprojects View Post
    I might be headed there also.. I have a black/red mac tools 'range bag'
    I'm teetering on going this afternoon... just got back from a large car club meet at KOP and I'm feeling lazy

(Bucks County)

I just went to get some accesories for the range their and when I left two of the employees were ready to punch either other out. LOL one guy sent another customer down to the range to inquire about lessons and apparently the guy down their was overwhelmed and didnt feel it was up to him to help the customer so he went upstairs and told the fellow employee if he does that again we are gonna have problems. LOL It was definately comical but BS for professionalism.

(Bucks County)

This place I swear is hit or miss. I'm only 22 years old so I'm used to gun shop employees not giving me the time of day. There have been times where I went in there and they'll be friendly with me and there have been times where they look right past me. All in all I don't even bother going in anymore I just go straight to Tanners.

(Bucks County)

went in there again cause it was sunday and not many other shops open and i needed some stuff for shooting today. I decided to look in the cases to see if they had anything new and a gentlemen was looking at a single action kimber. He stated to the employee he didnt know much about pistols and this would be his first one so the employee was attempting to show him how to use it. The customer asked what the purpose of the hammer was on the gun and the employee went silent. He looked at me and was at a loss for words. I looked away and dont recall him explaining anything to him unless i missed it. Wow well educated employees selling uneducated customers firearms.

(Bucks County)

The Hammer is for waking sombody in the head with in case of a missfire, there

(Montgomery County)

Please, Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em

(Montgomery County)

I have gone to Target World a few times. Its not bad.

I took a friend there who never fired before and he found out why i told him to keep his thumb down while shooting. lol
    the employee did give him a nice bandaid.

A few years ago, one of their young employees tried to talk down to me but other then that, i havent had any problems.

Avoid on weekends! Its usually extremely busy, especially since Obama-nation took over.

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    My experience at Target World has not been the best. I'll never buy another thing from there. Most of the employees there are very friendly but when I was looking for scope rings for my CZ 452 American 22LR, I specifically called them to ask if they had Leupold 13mm Scope Rings in stock because no other local shops had them in stock. Being a Certified Leupold dealer I figured I would give Target World a call. Called over and asked and the guy said "Yep, we have those." I was so surprised that they were in stock, because I had spent the whole week looking for them locally so I could get them by the weekend to sight in my scope. I even had my friend call them later and ask the same question just to make sure before I spent 1/2 hour driving up there and another 1/2 hour driving back. I happily left work, went home and got changed and drove up to Target World to pick up the Leupold scope rings.

Now I don't know if the guy on the phone outright lied to me or didn't look or didn't know what he was talking about but he answered the same question twice and both times he said that they had Leupold 13mm Scope Rings. I get there after fighting traffic on 202 N, finally find the place and what do you know. They didn't have them, in fact they didn't have any Leupolds in any sizes even close to 13mm or 3/8. Somehow I get talked into buying Leupold scope rings made for a Sako and he tells me "These should fit." Seeing as how I have never bought scope rings for a CZ before and he is the supposed professional, I believe him. Get home and of course they don't fit. I DRIVE BACK IMMEDIATELY to return the rings and whoops, I can't return them I can only get store credit. "Fine" I think, is there anyone here that can find me some scope rings that will fit and I'll use my store credit. There was a nice old gentleman and honestly out of the whole lot of them, he was the only one who seemed to know what he was talking about. He found me some Redfield rings that fit my rifle perfectly and I was happily on my way. He was the only one worth his salt, the rest of them while very friendly are pretty clueless when it comes to anything other than handguns. Also, the store policy on NO RETURNS, ONLY STORE CREDIT IS RIDICULOUS. The 1st set of Leupolds I got to cost over $70, the Redfields I got afterwards were half the price. So I ended up spending $35 on ammo and junk I did not really need at the time. What a joke.
    This is a post I made last summer in regards to Target World. Now I realize that the store credit only return policy is just the way it is at some gun stores...but as many have mentioned, their policy is not in clear sight nor was it printed on my reciept at the time of my purchase. What really bothered me was the fact that the person I spoke with on the phone twice either was too lazy to actually check for the item I was looking for or willfully lied to me in order to get me into the store. Just a frustrating experience in general and I haven't been back since. My buddy and his wife were actually with me the 1st time I went to the store and are avid shooters and also will never return to that store.

I do remember the older gentleman quite well[I don't know his name unfortunately] and he was of great assistance to me, it's a shame that the rest of the people there are not as knowledgable or customer service oriented.

On a related note, I went to Classic Pistol earlier this week to buy a firearm that they were selling on consignment and I had a GREAT experience. The guy held the gun for me over a phone call I made and refused to sell it out from under me even when he had a customer in the store with cash in hand. I even offered to put a deposit down even though I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it and the guy refused that offer and said that he was a man of his word and would hold it for me until the following day. The staff was very friendly and immediately asked if I needed any help. They're prices seemed to be in line with what you'd find at any other gunshop[excluding Target World which I agree, does ask an inflated price] and if I lived closer to Classic Pistol I'd give them more of my business. I'm not sure what their normal fee for transfers are[I've heard it is high but I can't confirm that] but I was only charged $12 for the transfer[maybe because it was a consignment gun?].

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down Target World Chalfont, Pa

Going by today (Saturday), I figured I'd stop in and poke around. Not really in need of any firearms, I figured I'd pick up ammo (357mag and /or 38 special) for the next range trip (outdoors). Upstairs they had 1 box of 50 rounds Gold Dot HP, 38 Special +P - $60.00. "I'm just going plinking," I said. "Go downstairs to the range, they've got the practice ammo down there," I am told. Off I go.

"Can I have 2 boxes of..." I get interrupted.

"You can only have one box. We're low, so we're rationing."

"Okay, can I have one box of 38 special +P and one box of..." Interrupted again.

"No, you get one box of ammo. That's it."

That blew my mind. Like I am really going to drive out to BF for a day of shooting with 50 rounds of one caliber???? There were boxes and boxes and boxes behind the counter, but I could only buy one.

WHAT KIND OF A @#$@^* %$ POLICY IS THAT??!!?? I guess it's theirs, but damn if it didn't blow my mind.

I walked. Didn't buy the one box even. Screw them, they are never getting another dime from me.

I ended up driving to Insite Firearms. Never been there before, but I will be back. Great, polite people. Todd helped me out. Prices were reasonable - slightly higher than than 6 monhs ago (but who ain't), but WAYYYYYYY lower than the rip-off prices I have been seeing around (yeah, Target World among that crew, too). Told Todd what happened to me at Target World - he told me I could buy all the ammo I wanted (I am sure that meant as long as they had it and I could pay for it). I got 300 rounds, enough for a range trip or two.

In fact, I am going to give Insite their own positive thread, since this is buried in with all of the other crap about the evil Target World. [Edit: Done - thread is here. Their website (with the coupon) is here.]

Speaking of - I have shot at the Target World range once. Thought about stopping in again when going by (the weather was too nice today, I just wanted the ammo to take somewhere else). Nope. No way will I ever go in there again, not to shoot, not for supplies, not for anything.
    Last edited by apex; April 25th, 2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Insert links

(Northampton County)

seoulstice, I hear you Classic Pistol are great guys. Just range and membership fees are a little high.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast