Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BUYING USED GUNS

A LADY I WORK WITH WAS LEFT WITH A BUNCH OF GUNS WHEN HER FATHER PAST A FEW MONTHES AGO SHE SAID I HAVE FIRST SHOT AT ANYTHING I WANT.. BUT SHE SAID SOME MIGHT NOT BE LEGAL DUE TO HER FATHER KNOWING THE CHEIF OF POLICE AND BACK IN THE DAY THE COPS TOOK GUNS TAKEN FROM PEOPLE.. SHE THINKS HER DAD MIGHT HAVE A FEW OF THOSE GUN BUT SHE ISNT SURE SO MY QUESTION IS :

- HOW DO I FIND OUT WHICH ONES ARE AND ARENT LEGAL

- AND HOW CAN SHE SELL THEM TO ME AS THEY WERE HAE DADS AND NOT HERS AND SHE DOESNT HAVE A LICSENSE OR ANYTHING???

I LIVE IN JERSEY ANY INFO WOULD HELP

THANKS RICK

(Northampton County)

Default Re: BUYING USED GUNS

All caps make this thread super!

(York County)

First off, don't use all caps. It looks like your yelling. Your new so that ok just don't do it again

Now about the guns, I know that if you are going to recieve any of these guns they will have to go through a FFL (firearms dealer). Now if her father was taking these guns off of criminals I personally wouldn't want to touch them because you in theory could be recieving stolen property. Now if you know for certain that her dad owns them and they weren't taken off of criminals then I would do your research on the guns, look them over and pay for the guns. Don't just take them, they were her fathers guns she deserves compensation. If you offer and she refuses thats on her.

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    First off, don't use all caps. It looks like your yelling. Your new so that ok just don't do it again

Now about the guns, I know that if you are going to recieve any of these guns they will have to go through a FFL (firearms dealer). Now if her father was taking these guns off of criminals I personally wouldn't want to touch them because you in theory could be recieving stolen property. Now if you know for certain that her dad owns them and they weren't taken off of criminals then I would do your research on the guns, look them over and pay for the guns. Don't just take them, they were her fathers guns she deserves compensation. If you offer and she refuses thats on her.
    Would not matter if they where "Stolen" if they go through the FFL as they would either be cought as no sellable or have new papers issued to them.
    I am not up on NJ law, so you would need to do your search on there or have a NJ member give you a hand finding out the info. but I would go through a FFL just to be sure there was a paper trail on anythignI bought not knowing where it may have been before.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    if they go through the FFL as they would either be cought as no sellable
    How? The serial number isn't part of the telephone transaction, it's simply a check if the buyer is permitted to own/possess.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

sorry for tha caps as said i am new didnt mean nething by it.....

i did plan on paying her for what i took i dont want to pay for something and have it be illeagal... she doesnt know what is his and what was taken.. im goin to ask to take a look this weekend just to see whats there i might not even want anything but if i do i dont want to get screwed with anything as i am trying to become a cop soon...

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    How? The serial number isn't part of the telephone transaction, it's simply a check if the buyer is permitted to own/possess.
    But the serial # would be on the purchase form showing he purchased it and did not steal it, what "Might" have happened in the gun's history is not his concern.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lawrence County)

send them to me via my ffl, i'll keep em for ya for a couple years, and if nothing happens to me, i'll give em back to you only charging you a small storage fee... tee hee!
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

hopefully the ones i pick will be ok and no bad background lol and hopefully there is goin to be some good stuff down there ill keep everyone posted and if i get my hands on anything interesting you guys will be the first to know .. and if anyone else has any info on what i should do let me know..

what i think i am goin to do is just pick out what i want and then go to the local ffl and transfer them, whats the worst that could happen they take them away i would just get my money back from her.. i hope her dad was a good collector like most of you are.. sometimes i see your pictures on here and i am like wow i want one lol.... hopefully i can score some nice stuff and post them too...

Do you have your NJ firearms card yet?
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast