Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Another shining moment for Chicago and the state of Illinois.

Sorry Chicago PD, but you just can't fix stupid!

7 face discipline over 14-year-old fake cop

several excerpts below:

CHICAGO - Chicago police said Tuesday that seven officers face disciplinary reviews for the "lax" behavior that allowed a 14-year-old to pose as an officer, drive a patrol car and aid in an arrest.

"They weren't paying attention," Superintendent Jody Weis said at a news conference announcing the completion of the investigation. "They were lax. I'm very upset. This whole incident is very disturbing."

The teenager, an aspiring police officer, allegedly wore a uniform and entered a South Side police station through an unlocked back door around 1:30 p.m. on Jan. 24. He was issued a radio and rode with a patrol officer for more than five hours, at times using the terminal in the squad car and responding to five assignments, Weis said.
    <snip for space>

Authorities previously said the teen did not drive a squad car, but Weis said Tuesday that the boy — who is too young to drive in Illinois — spent two hours behind the wheel. The boy also helped in the arrest of a suspect who allegedly violated a protection order.

"He brought the arm into the middle of his back so handcuffs could be placed on him," Weis said.

The boy returned to the station at 7:37 p.m., when a supervisor discovered the teen was not wearing a complete uniform and had no weapon, Weis said. The teen was arrested at 7:40 p.m.
    <snip for space>

The department's Internal Affairs Division has recommended discipline for each of the seven unidentified officers who remain on the job. The Bureau of Professional Standards, which Weis created a year ago to oversee the Internal Affairs Division, will review the recommendations. The officers also have the chance to appeal.
    <snip for space>

There were 20 cases of impersonating an officer in 2007, 24 in 2007 and eight so far in 2009, Chicago police officials said. After the incident involving the 14-year-old, Mayor Richard Daley demanded accountability from police supervisors who were on duty at the time and Weis fielded questions for nearly two hours from visibly angry Chicago aldermen.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Another shining moment for Chicago and the state of Illinois.

yeah when i heard that i almost fell out of my seat! this story gives me hope as i am an aspiring law enforcement officer.

if he can get an assignment, then so can i! haha
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Adams County)

That's not fair, they shouldn't have arrested this poor kid--he paid Blagojevich for that position fair and square.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lehigh County)

maybe the kid was confused about "ride alongs", but after arresting him and running him through the legal grinder, he'll be a felon... won't be able to get anywhere in life, and will have bankrupted his parents from the court fees.

All because a half dozen "Responsible Authority Figures" had there heads up their butts.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Lawrence County)

If anything give the kid a medal!!! he helped put a fugitive away!!!! that's some kick ass stuff coming from a 14 year old!
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(York County)

I wonder if he'll get paid for the hours he worked?

(Delaware County)

we can afford to lose Illinois...I vote we dump California, New Jersey & Illinois...

Just think...we would get rid of a shit load of illegals, corruption and idiots all at once!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty