Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
I'm not speaking for Dan here, but for my own part, i say...

LOL... SRSLY? after having worked many years in an ISO regulated office... all I can say is nope... thats a LOT of work for 0% reward.. the data would have to be culled post by post from our infractions report forum, and other staff related forums. Any records kept are strictly informal, as this isn't a reporting requirements busines, but a internet messaging board
Well, quality systems are only as productive as what you make of them. They have to be driven and flowed down from the top. If you feel like it's adding "work" to your business or activity, then you're not using the system correctly - "as a tool". You're later comment about maybe implementing this process when the site started is probably accurate; likely it's overkill now. Makes sense.
Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
I'm not being mean here, but... honestly, I'm gonna guess that the 99.999% of the folks here probably don't care about what folks got in trouble for... all that really matters is that generally, folks should realize that text does not convey the visual and audible nuances of a verbal face to face communication, so react accordingly when reading something you may disagree with... use emoticons when possible, it's what they were invented for.

add to that "treat others as you would have yourself treated" along with "dont say anything in text that would get your ass beat down if you said it to someones face" and you've got some good rules to live by

your idea is interesting, but its really something that should have been started when the site opened, as opposed to 3 years and 14K+ members worth of records later.

Mods are an unpaid position, and I cant thik of any one of us, Mods or Admin that would be remotely interested in siting down and wasting hours on such a project.

and on that, aside from the HUGE amount of spammers that we've banned, I'm going to offhand say that there have been less than 30 participating members banned permanently for cause.

for cause is generally:
excessive trolling
sock puppetry
personal attacks and harassment
illegal activity
total refusal to abide by any forum rules

less than 30 from 14K+ members ... I'd say the staff and mods here are more than evenhanded... and this comes from me having almost 10 years of mod work on another, MUCH more "wild west style" board, BEFORE this site even opened.
Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
What he said...LOL

Plus the endless supply of members (new and old) that don't seem to understand the Classified 3 Day Bump Rule! Those actions would fill up an .XLS doc in its self!

For the most part, this is one of the best group of people I've ever had the pleasure to know. There are only a select few bad apples in the bunch...eventually, they come to the top of the pile and get weeded out!

Well, I accept all of your viewpoints on the suggestion as valid and fair. I had developed the thought, so I wanted to be equitable and share it for discussion. Thanks for the feedback...