Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Thoughts on Open Carry In Philly

Having lived in Philly for a few months now, and open carrying occasionally since I got PA permit (I didn't want the hassle of OCing with a Virginia permit; sure it's legal but not worth the hassle IMO) I've noticed a few interesting things.

First, despite what people may say, no one really seems to care. Most cops, shop owners, and regular old folks don't even blink. The only time anyone says anything to me is at the range (Philadelphia Archery and Gun Club) which asks that all weapons be unloaded in the store, and this includes yuppie establishments like Whole Foods and the GAP.

In fact, I've noticed an interesting phenomenom; on the subway for example, people that I would be concerned about were it 2AM, and I was alone and unarmed, move to a different car. Nice elderly people and people I'm not particularly concerned with say hello, ask me if I'm a cop (I'm not) and are generally pleasant. Sort of the same reaction as when I walk my dog (a particularly energetic 70 lb lab/pit mix). Nice people say hello, all others cross the street.

I suppose "Thug Types" assume I'm a cop and split.

Anyway, it's not all bad down here in Philly. Even with the rash of violoence toward police, I haven't had any problems. May also have something to do with my clean cut persona but I digress...

BTW, I'm carrying a G19 in a Blackhawk for OC and in a Galco NSA3 for CC.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Thoughts on Open Carry In Philly

It is amazing how polite people get when you OC.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    It is amazing how polite people get when you OC.

Ed
    So anytime now, he'll be report that he gets a free coffee at the convenience store because they think he's a detective

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    So anytime now, he'll be report that he gets a free coffee at the convenience store because they think he's a detective

Naw, I don't think so as I have no ambition to be a LEO and I don't like DaveM55's power rings (Doughnuts)

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Hell, I'm nowhere close to LEO, and I was mistaken as one ,once.

I just see nothing desirable to see in Filthy.

Yeah, I recall several folks saying in another thread a while back that they were in a shirt and tie, OC'ing and a store gave them free coffee...automatically. Don't know about free power rings though...it's possible I guess MMMMMMMMMMMMM...free power rings

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Yeah, I recall several folks saying in another thread a while back that they were in a shirt and tie, OC'ing and a store gave them free coffee...automatically. Don't know about free power rings though...it's possible I guess MMMMMMMMMMMMM...free power rings

Damn, all I got was an Iced tea............

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Last night service was very slow at Ruby Tuesdays, and I considered OCing to try and speed things up LOL. Then they finally bought the asian salmon out but forgot the shrimp! Had I been OCing, the waitress would have come back with a double order of shrimp LOL. You see it's all the reports I am reading about when one OC's they get the best service ever at restaurants and at stores and the like LOL. With exceptions of course, such as mouthy managers and intrusive cops.

As to being given free Homer Simpson's fav food, I'd hate that! Can you imagine how much I would weigh?
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    You see it's all the reports I am reading about when one OC's they get the best service ever...
    +1. Was at a local banking establishment with a friend while he cashed a check there. Idle chit chat while in line, and when he got to the teller, I loitered in the lobby area watching the television they had there. I must have been asked by every person in the store with a little name tag if I needed any service, and one or two mentioned I could help myself to the free coffee while I waited.

None of the other dozen or so people in the lobby were spoken to, or got free coffee.

Unfortunately, I have not stumbled upon the holy grail of free power rings garnered through OC.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    +1. Was at a local banking establishment with a friend while he cashed a check there. Idle chit chat while in line, and when he got to the teller, I loitered in the lobby area watching the television they had there. I must have been asked by every person in the store with a little name tag if I needed any service, and one or two mentioned I could help myself to the free coffee while I waited.

None of the other dozen or so people in the lobby were spoken to, or got free coffee.

Unfortunately, I have not stumbled upon the holy grail of free power rings garnered through OC.
    That's probably good, if your like me......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast