Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Somerset County)

Default 15 year old girl beaten by police

Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 15 year old girl beaten by police

Schene told investigators through an e-mail conversation with his lawyer that once he was assaulted by the girl kicking her shoe at him, he entered the cell to “prevent another assault,” according to court documents. Schene also said that the girl failed to comply with instructions in the holding area.
    Give me a break.

I hate to use this language, but this little-piggy needs to roast for his crimes. If any of us, you know.. low-life civilians were to touch even one hair on that girl (whether she kicks a shoe at us or not), we'd be looking at gargantuan fines, sexual abuse, and the possibility of a long time in jail.

Then people wonder why the civilian population don't trust the police!

Watch, he's going to go on paid vacation, and in about three months, an internal investigation will clear him off all charges, and state "the officer was acting according to all our rules and laws".
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

his partner should also get the shit kicked out of him and fired too.
    FJB

(Lancaster County)

I think the measure of force used against a detainee or an arrestee should only be that needed to create compliance.

Obviously, a 160 pound officer trying to subdue a 260 pound guy might have to delve into some 'ultra violence" to accomplish this goal.

To smash a girl, or even any other small built person onto a concrete floor in that manner is excessive force.

The officer could have easily overpowered her, and placed her in cuffs. He could have then taken her shoes and charged her with as many counts of assault against an officer that he felt he could get to stick.

The girl? She obviously is an unrepentent piece of shit.

Does not excuse his actions though. That little 'flip' of the shoe was in no way a danger to him.

If she had picked it up and overhand fired it at his head? Perhaps that would be a different story.

As it is, Officer Friendly needs to find a new job at the very least.
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Mercer County)

Hmmm...tough to choose sides.

Overzealous cop vs. mouthy teenager. Is it wrong to root for the cop in this scenario?

(Susquehanna County)

DAMN!!!! i cant think of anyone saying anything to me that would set me off like that, maybe i just dont get riled easily, but come on, he needs some anger management at the very least, and disciplinary actions against him, not necessarily losing his job, but something to let him know that that kind of behavior is unacceptable every time, period. he has a dangerous job, and i hold law enforcement officers in high regard for that, but they also have to answer to a higher standard because of the power that we give them.

mikey0086

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Hmmm...tough to choose sides.

Overzealous cop vs. mouthy teenager. Is it wrong to root for the cop in this scenario?
    Hate to say it, but yes it is wrong.

We probably all fantasize about laying the smackdown on a smartass teen, but those feelings need to stay internalized and not acted upon.

Especially when said action is being carried out by those whom we pay to have level heads and cool tempers.

What is more egregious than simply slamming her to the floor is the couple punches he directed to her head.

Uncalled for.
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

I so love posts by ignorant people when it comes to the use of force.
    When someone decides to use force you use force, period.

Lets apply some of you guys thinking here of size/physical actions to use of force:

I"m going to use force against an attacker in my home. Lets see, Sir or ma'am, before I can use force against you, I have to have you fill out this questionaire pertaining to your fighting skills, weigh you, and have you take a physical fitness test and then compare the results to me and then, I'll decide on what amount of physical force is necessary to against you.
    What a joke.

Those of you who have never had to fight with a 15 yr old female have no idea how violent the little turds can be. I've seen 100 pound 5'2" females require six male officers to subdue them.

When you make the decision to use force, you use 100% of the type your going to use and you don't stop until the threat is nuetralized.

Does the video look bad? Yup but looking bad doesn't equate to unlawful use of force or excessive use of force.

I"m six five and weight 260 pounds. I work out all the time and when I was a street cop, if you saw some of my use of force video's against men who were 6ft 210 or 6'2" 230 pounds, you would think I was using excessive force.
    You dont' have time to play games with someone assaulting you or aggressive resistance. Ok, so I used to bench 425 and leg press 1k puonds....my life depends on my level of fitness. I've been cut twice by criminals, guns pulled, knocked down, bite, kicked, punched, spit on... and whacked with a 2x4. And I survived each and every encounter and gain the upper hand in the fight by using my head, strength, size, and ability. Several of these attacks that occured on me were by people who had been extremely compliant and out of nowhere, they attacked.

When you have walked a mile in this offices shoes, then, and only then, pass judgement.

Using Hair as a control technique is taught and is an acceptable for controlling inmates and person's being arrested.

Until you've had some scum bag, druggie, or who ever with whatever disease, spit in your face because their head is mobile, don't judge this officer.
    Women are horrible about spitting when upset. Nasty vile creatures they become.

Three things when using force, Surprize, Speed, and violence of action.

Did the officer surprize the female by using offense as his Defence to an assault? Yes. Did the officer use Speed? Yes. Did the officer Violence of Action immediately gain the upper hand in this situation? Yes.

Do I think the punches the officer delieverd looked excessive? Yes, however, if he was giving her verbal commands and she was not obeying, he is allowed to use hard hand techniques to gain her compliance, ie place your hands behind you back and in failing to do so, he administered two strikes of his fist to gain compliance. As soon as she moves her hand to her back, as instructed, he no longer uses strikes to gain compliance.

I have zero sympathy for criminals, females included. Let this young lady steal your truck or car. Trash it out or whatever the little shits do.
    Last edited by customloaded; March 2nd, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

(Chester County)

I've seen 100 pound 5'2" females require six male officers to subdue them.

No.
    Great job!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I so love posts by ignorant people when it comes to the use of force.
    When someone decides to use force you use force, period.

Lets apply some of you guys thinking here of size/physical actions to use of force:

I"m going to use force against an attacker in my home. Lets see, Sir or ma'am, before I can use force against you, I have to have you fill out this questionaire pertaining to your fighting skills, weigh you, and have you take a physical fitness test and then compare the results to me and then, I'll decide on what amount of physical force is necessary to against you.
    What a joke.

Those of you who have never had to fight with a 15 yr old female have no idea how violent the little turds can be. I've seen 100 pound 5'2" females require six male officers to subdue them.

When you make the decision to use force, you use 100% of the type your going to use and you don't stop until the threat is nuetralized.

Does the video look bad? Yup but looking bad doesn't equate to unlawful use of force or excessive use of force.

I"m six five and weight 260 pounds. I work out all the time and when I was a street cop, if you saw some of my use of force video's against men who were 6ft 210 or 6'2" 230 pounds, you would think I was using excessive force.
    You dont' have time to play games with someone assaulting you or aggressive resistance. Ok, so I used to bench 425 and leg press 1k puonds....my life depends on my level of fitness. I've been cut twice by criminals, guns pulled, knocked down, bite, kicked, punched, spit on... and whacked with a 2x4. And I survived each and every encounter and gain the upper hand in the fight by using my head, strength, size, and ability. Several of these attacks that occured on me were by people who had been extremely compliant and out of nowhere, they attacked.

When you have walked a mile in this offices shoes, then, and only then, pass judgement.

Using Hair as a control technique is taught and is an acceptable for controlling inmates and person's being arrested.

Until you've had some scum bag, druggie, or who ever with whatever disease, spit in your face because their head is mobile, don't judge this officer.
    Women are horrible about spitting when upset. Nasty vile creatures they become.

Three things when using force, Surprize, Speed, and violence of action.

Did the officer surprize the female by using offense as his Defence to an assault? Yes. Did the officer use Speed? Yes. Did the officer Violence of Action immediately gain the upper hand in this situation? Yes.

Do I think the punches the officer delieverd looked excessive? Yes, however, if he was giving her verbal commands and she was not obeying, he is allowed to use hard hand techniques to gain her compliance, ie place your hands behind you back and in failing to do so, he administered two strikes of his fist to gain compliance. As soon as she moves her hand to her back, as instructed, he no longer uses strikes to gain compliance.

I have zero sympathy for criminals, females included. Let this young lady steal your truck or car. Trash it out or whatever the little shits do.
    your right when you say if your gonna use force then go at it full throttle, but the ability to judge when to use this force obviously escaped this officer. i didnt see any spitting because of the positioning of the camera,so i cant say if it was something that set him off, from what i saw was she tossed her shoe in the hallway, not launch it at his head or anything like that to cause such an outburst. if your an officer then i take this chance to thank you for your service to the community, but i just cant agree with you in this particular instance.

be well,
    mikey0086

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast