Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Romanian Tokarev for CCW

I had a chance to shoot a buddies Romanian Tokarev today and was pretty impressed. The pistol is extremly thin, it made my 1911 look fat. The safety is ugly (thanks ATF) and the grips are a little fatter then I like (and hard to replace), but it has a rounded slide end, low sights, and is thin. 8 round mag capacity puts it right in line with the 1911's as does the SA only action

I could easily conceal this pistol IWB due to its thin factor and rounded features.

The best parts are the price (less then 300.00), target ammo is EXTREMELY affordable (something that is nearly impossible to find these days)

Anyone looking for an affordable carry weapon that they don't mind throwing around and abusing, that can be beat to hell and still work, take a look into this one. It may fit the bill.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Romanian Tokarev for CCW

i would carry one with no regrets.... that 7.62X25 is a nasty round and some hp's would deff change a would be robber,mugger,carjackers mind
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Jefferson County)

Same here.. I carried one for years. Surprisingly accurate for a brass polluter, especially a mil-surp gun. Reliable as heck.

That Russian cartridge is a pretty nasty one if loaded with the right bullets. Penetration generally isn't a problem, over penetration is. A good bullet built to expand and stay together would probably turn a badguy's internals in to soup.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Same here.. I carried one for years. Surprisingly accurate for a brass polluter, especially a mil-surp gun. Reliable as heck.

That Russian cartridge is a pretty nasty one if loaded with the right bullets. Penetration generally isn't a problem, over penetration is. A good bullet built to expand and stay together would probably turn a badguy's internals in to soup.
    Wish there was a way to get thin grips on it as opposed to what they come with... some thinner grips and getting rid of that stupid safety and it would be golden
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Jefferson County)

Make your own grips.

I'd have to see the gun to figure a way to disable/remove the safety. I dont recall mine having one, so I cant suggest anything.

(Northampton County)

As for the cheap gun & cheap ammo thing....I like the cz52. It fires the same ammo as the Tokarev. I bought the pistol,2 mags & a holster for 230$ at a gun show. The gun is fun & cheap to shoot & decently accurate. I bought it as a plinker rather than a defense gun.

Maybe at the next meet & greet I'll OC it in its military style flap over holster.
    Last edited by reverserboy; March 2nd, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

(Lancaster County)

You can pick up a Romanian for about $200 plus shipping if you have a C&R. Many places carry them.

This has been covered before but there are many that think the 7.62x25 is TOO powerful to carry due to over-penetration issues. I wouldn't know since I never tested for that. There are videos of the round punching thru some materials that stopped other pistol calibers.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzegun View Post
    You can pick up a Romanian for about $200 plus shipping if you have a C&R. Many places carry them.

This has been covered before but there are many that think the 7.62x25 is TOO powerful to carry due to over-penetration issues. I wouldn't know since I never tested for that. There are videos of the round punching thru some materials that stopped other pistol calibers.
    Most of what i've found, for self defense (HP) shows 12 - 13 inch penetration in ballistic gel... not sure how accurate that is though.

(Lancaster County)

The tests were done using ball ammo. I don't remember seeing HP Tok ammo...but then I have never looked. One thing for sure, the muzzle blast alone would scare a bad guy shitless.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzegun View Post
    The tests were done using ball ammo. I don't remember seeing HP Tok ammo...but then I have never looked. One thing for sure, the muzzle blast alone would scare a bad guy shitless.
    hahaha darn right! :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast