Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintball

(Allegheny County)

Default Paintball

I was sitting here looking at some paintball gear and realized paintball might be something a lot of people on this could be into. So...uhh... who likes paintball? Who plays often? Who would play often if they had people to play with? Who likes playing indoors? Who likes playing at outdoor arenas? Who likes just playing in the woods? That kinda stuff...

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Paintball

I used to be active in playing with a group of my friends. I sold my gun and everything. We used to play at this park in a section of the woods. I really just didnt have the time like i used to plus it started getting expensive going through 1500 or so paintballs each weekend.

(Allegheny County)

i also used to play, but most of my buddies that i played with quit, plus it was an expensive hobbie, and i already have enough of those, so i sold all of my gear.

(Washington County)

Play paintball and, to a lesser extent, airsoft. I tend to play in the woods almost all the time because its cheaper than paying field fees.

(Centre County)

I have two guns and masks. Tipmann pro-carbine and an A-5. The idea being that with two guns, I could always find someone to shoot at. Or if I found a group of people, I could loan one other person a gun if they didn't have one. My wife won't let me shoot at her. I don't know anybody else that owns paintball guns. My coworkers said they'd by guns, but they never did. They're just collecting dust, but I refuse to sell them.

If I had a group I'd probably be more interested in playing in the woods and setting up training senarious. (i.e., react to an ambush vs. conduct an ambush, attack a position vs. defend a position etc.) Rather than playing capture the flag or anything. Capture the case of beer might not be a bad game.

(Allegheny County)

Whoa... what's up Torch!

I know you play paintball from the other forum. I remember you are from PA so I guess it makes sense seeing you here. What an odd coincidence though.

By the way, your koala avatar gave you away. I knew it had to be the same guy.

(Allegheny County)

I actually played in the 5-man division of the very first International Amateur Open, here in Pittsburgh (Cranberry) about 17 years ago!

HOLY SHEEP SH!T!!! I AM getting old!

Things have changed a LOT since way back then...
    Just for the fun of it, anyone out there know what a Splatmaster is without using Google?
    How about a VM-68 Magnum? That's what I have in my dusty bag.
    I added a custom fore-grip and made a "ball-counter" out of a pedometer that I mounted on my hopper to keep track of ammo. Also made a fan for inside my goggles to eliminate fogging before they were available commercially. Heck, when I first started playing, we used flimsy shop goggles - scary!
    When I played in the tourney, semi-autos had only been out for a short time and were SERIOUSLY expensive. I played with a Tippmann SL68-II (pump) in the tournament. There was one guy on our team with a semi! Heck, even several years later, my VM 68 Magnum was $309 at DEALER COST! (Step-dad had a FFL at the time)

I haven't played in about 7 years... not enough interest from my usual pool of players and it just got too expensive because you were expected to do nothing more than throw as much paint in the air as possible. Not my idea of fun.
    It would be interesting to see how I do with my crusty old relics. May have to dig that stuff up and dust it off.
    I have a silencer for my Tippmann - that was a hoot! It isn't really "silent" when you shoot, but it's muffled enough that it's difficult to tell where the shot came from! Ah, good times!

I like outdoor/wooded play the best.

Gonna go sit in my rocking chair now and take a nap.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Emptymag
    i played up in cranberry back in the late '80s. never real serious. just a buch of friends.
    they have been playing at pmsc. i got the gear but have not gotten to play yet. i guess they played on sunday after the poofa shoot. i missed it as i thought they had bagged it for he day and i was taking down the 3d archery targets. i'm surprised roland has not mentioned it to ya.
    check pmsc forum for upcoming play dates.
    joe

(Beaver County)

I like to play in the woods. Nutten better than painting your friends. I really like smoke grenades, paint claymores and paint hand grenades. Needless to say I have a blast!

(Washington County)

InvisivleGuests- paintballforum or Pbnation? You're right it's different to run into the same people on different internet sites.

Emptymag- I use an SL-68 II when we play here at school. Rock on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast