Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Personal Boundaries or the Lines in the Sand

Mtbski brought up an interesting topic for a thread in the Va Tech Shooting thread, I thought I'd repost it here so that we could kinda centralize our discussion on the meat of his post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    From The Cornered Cat - Her Personnal Boundries.

She has a pretty good way of thinking. I have showed this to my daughter. I think I'll sit down and discuss it with her now, to see what she thinks she would / should do.

__________________________________________________ ____________

I will not go anywhere at gunpoint. If the bad guy wants me to go somewhere else, it's because he will be able to do something to me there that he is unwilling or unable to do to me right here, right now. Therefore no matter how bad the tactical situation seems right here and now, right here and now is the absolute best chance to fight back I will ever have and I intend to use it.

I will not be tied up. If the bad guy wants to tie me up, it is because he wants to do things to me that I would be able to prevent if I were not tied up. Therefore, I will resist while I am still able to do so.

I will not kneel. No one is going to execute me. If I die, I'll die fighting.

If someone tries to take one of my children, I will fight even at the risk of my child being killed in the resultant firefight. I plan this not because I have positive assurance that I would be successful, but because I would not be able to live with myself if I simply "allowed" my child to be taken, brutalized, and his body perhaps never found. I'd rather watch him die in front of me. (Yes, that's harsh ... but given those two options and only those two, which would you choose?)
    Excellent topic for a thread!

The original thread on The High Road is here:
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...nal+boundaries

My post from that thread:
    Great thread Pax (Kathy Jackson of The Cornered Cat fame), I altered yours slightly as they are pretty much in line with the beginning of my personal lines in the sand.

1) I will not go anywhere under force or the threat of force. If someone wants me to go somewhere else, it's because they want to do something to me there that they are unwilling to do to me right here, right now. Therefore, right here, right now is the best chance to fight back I will ever have.

2) I will not be tied up, confined, immobilized or restrained. If someone wants to restrain me, it is because they wish to do something to me that I would not be willing to consent to and would be able to stop them from doing if I weren't bound. Therefore, I will resist before I become helpless.

3) I will not lie down or kneel. No one is going to execute me. If I die, I'll die fighting.

4) If someone tries to take by force, harm or otherwise endanger another human being (adult, child, man woman, whatever), I will respond even at the risk of myself or the other innocent party being injured or killed. I plan this not because I'm positive that I would be successful, but because I would not be able to live with myself if I simply "allowed" another human being to be taken, brutalized and tortured. I will not be reckless and unnecessarily endanger myself or others, I will quickly decide and act upon what I feel is the best way to respond at the time, which will most certainly include doing "something".

5) I will not comply with any illegal demand under force or the threat of force. If one needs force for my compliance, I can assume that what is in my best interest is not a part of such a demand or any action that will become available to them through my compliance.

6) I will not allow one to illegally violate the sanctity and security of my home or the home of another while I am present. My home is my castle, my rifle is the only thing that I have that compares to the security of a standing army within it's walls. I will use it to the best of my ability to stop any threat upon anyone within the home.

7) I will act quickly and decisively, even in the face of serious and imminent peril to myself if I feel that by taking action, my own life or the life of another human being may be saved in the process. If I or another innocent human being in my presence should fall, it will not be because I failed to act quick enough or decisively enough. The ability to achieve speed and accuracy in one's actions are all for naught without the willingness to apply those skills with extreme prejudice when all else has failed.

Writing these out really helps one crystalize their decisions beforehand, such a mental exercise could save your life one day. Give it some thought.
    Last edited by NineseveN; April 18th, 2007 at 11:38 AM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Personal Boundaries or the Lines in the Sand

Thank you, that's the first time I've actually seen my way of thinking in print.

Amen, good post gentlemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

Well how the hell am I suppose to terrorize, manipulate ,and otherwise subjugate my potential victims with that kind of shit being thrown around. I'm going to have to find some other place to play out my 3 act play of torture and self gratuitous, narcissistic, 3 ring circus. Who the hell are you to cut off my carnage at the knees. F@ck you I'm going to France.

Awesome ! How sad is it that we need to indoctrinate ourselves and our youth in such manner.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

This is my brain.......THIS is my brain in print!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Awesome ! How sad is it that we need to indoctrinate ourselves and our youth in such manner.
    Its the same story over and over.... The politicians, the media, and the schools indoctrinate in the saving grace of 'big brother' and the police. Very few are taught how to handle a firearm, and even fewer are taught self defense of any magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Delaware County)

5) I will not comply with any illegal demand under force or the threat of force. If one needs force for my compliance, I can assume that what is in my best interest is not a part of such a demand or any action that will become available to them through my compliance.
    Are you all thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ronin View Post
    Its the same story over and over.... The politicians, the media, and the schools indoctrinate in the saving grace of 'big brother' and the police. Very few are taught how to handle a firearm, and even fewer are taught self defense of any magnitude.
    Agreed. The current and prior generation have been raised to expect the police to protect as well as enforce. Just doesn't happen that way!
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Well how the hell am I suppose to terrorize, manipulate ,and otherwise subjugate my potential victims [?]
    By taking the traditional route of many other nations - head to the capitol and outlaw all forms of resistance.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    By taking the traditional route of many other nations - head to the capitol and outlaw all forms of resistance.

Someone give this guy a cookie!