Hey, I am looking for either a local training course, or else a certified trainer willing to hold a private lesson/course. Basically, I'm looking for an introductory-level course. Range time would be OK, but not necessarily a requirement, and I certainly wouldn't want it to be too heavy on the range time. I am looking to learn more about pistols, and semi-autos in particular. I hunt with rifle and shotgun, and have a .357 revolver, and I'm comfortable with general firearm safety (hence why range time isn't really all that necessary IMO), but I'd like to learn more about pistols as I'm really just starting to get into them.

Also attending the course would be my sister, who is less familiar with guns than I. She is interested in learning about them and getting one for protection when she's home alone. I don't really know that she knows much about them at all, and between my father, her fiancee and myself, we can go over the general firearm safety stuff on our own, but she might be interested in a little more professional atmosphere to get started with the basics. Some range time might be good for her IMO, since, again, it would be with more professional oversight and she does plan to own and operate a pistol.

My wife might be willing to attend as well. I don't really think she has any interest in firing a pistol, but since I have them and have been considering CC'ing, she wants to learn more about them. She gets pretty uncomfortable and nervous whenever I handle any of my guns around her, until she knows it is unloaded, then she calms down quickly. She just really doesn't know anything about them, so I think a little bit of more formal training would help her to understand them and not be so scared by them.

So, there are the basic things I'm looking to get out of a course/lesson/whatever you want to call it. Does anyone know of anything you can recommend for me, or anyone willing to do personal lessons like this?

Thanks!