Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware County

(Delaware County)

Default Delaware County

I use Ken Crane in Crum Lynne.

Decent prices on guns and transfers.

(Delaware County)

Targetmaster on rt. 202 in Chadds Ford is not bad. Pistol prices are usually significantly below retail, but maybe not as good as Crane's. Prices on AR type rifles are not that great. Transfers from out of state are $50, that's bad.

www.targetmaster.com
    Check site for modest prices on ammo, and more details of the shop/range. Basically all cheap ammo is verboten including WWB value packs, but there's really no better indoor range in the immediate area, so I tolerate it. I shop there because it's convenient.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Delaware County

Would anyone buy from these folks (TargetMaster). Can I have your experiences? Please

BTW - I walked into the store on a Sunday and the owners Kid (My Guess) was running around with a REAL Gun - Shooting at customers - Real smart - but I can't judge the store on the Kid's son. BTW when the kid saw me - He realized that he should not be doing that - as he quickly ran behind the counter and put down the rifle.
    Last edited by nra-life-member; June 10th, 2007 at 10:56 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by nra-life-member View Post
    Would anyone buy from these folks. Can I have your experiences? Please

BTW - I walked into the store on a Sunday and the owners Kid (My Guess) was running around with a REAL Gun - Shooting at customers - Real smart - but I can't judge the store on the Kid's son. BTW when the kid saw me - He realized that he should not be doing that - as he quickly ran behind the counter and put down the rifle.
    Who? Targetmaster?

I've bought a few guns there. Can not complain. They put night sights on my Glock, helped my dad with the Colt he was having trouble with, and offered to help when I mentioned having trouble with the Kel-Tec I had.

Lately I seem to get ignored for a minute or two when I go in to shoot and the guys behind the counter seem to be too busy yakking to wait on me.

(Delaware County)

Targetmaster isnt that bad. It's close to me so I stop in now and then. Their prices are just ok. Some seem a bit high compaired to internet shopping and using a FFL. I don't like that they restrict your ammo and will not let you fire the inexpensive winchester white box stuff. I have been to better and been to worse. I give them a 6 out of 10. I did buy my safe from them and the price wasn't too bad.

(Delaware County)

I dont have too much problem with the ammo restrictions, I hate Blazer anyway, for fun shooting I mostly shoot handloads. Most places frown on that. I have also been to indoor ranges that would not let you bring outside ammo in at all. forced to buy their crappy reloads or overpriced factory ammo from them.
    Ditto on Ken Crane, thats where I usually do business. He is honest and a gentleman.
    NRA for life.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    I dont have too much problem with the ammo restrictions, I hate Blazer anyway, for fun shooting I mostly shoot handloads. Most places frown on that. I have also been to indoor ranges that would not let you bring outside ammo in at all. forced to buy their crappy reloads or overpriced factory ammo from them.
    True. I personally don't mind Blazer, and buy it at times when they're much cheaper than the rest. Basically, there are any of a half dozen brands of plinking rounds that are all the same to me. If Targetmaster rejects Blazer and S&B or whatever, I have no problem setting aside some, say, American Eagle (that I already have anyway) to placate Targetmaster, which is a nice place to shoot.

(Philadelphia County)

I usually buy cheap Russian stuff in bulk, so the restrictions at targetmaster are somewhat bothersome, but generally the only reason I'm ever there is because someone else wanted to meet there.

(Delaware County)

I have used targetmaster in the past and agree that the staff isn't the most helpful and the range could use some updating. On one occassion, I was fondling a pistol and asking questions with the intention of buying when the boss approached the salesperson and told him to stop what he was doing and attend to other custumers. He lost the sale at that point. I still go there but do it in the middle of the week when there aren't as many people there. I now visit "Double Action" in yeadon quite a bit. It's a small place but the range is well lit and clean. They require that you buy your ammo from them...all federal...but the prices are good. I'm gonna look into Ken Crane.

(Delaware County)

Just to clear things up, Ken Crane is a gun shop, not a range. Hes retired LEO, shop is only open Tues, Thurs, Fri 6PM-8PM. Also by appt, 610-833-5105. You will not find a shop with more stuff crammed into such a small place. Never know what you will find. I've been meaning to check out Double Action In Yeadon, its a lot closer to me than Targetmaster.
    NRA for life.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast