(Lancaster County)

Default House bill No. 2483

call , write, email and voice your concerns:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...B2483P3650.HTM

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Forced Outage
    call , write, email and voice your concerns:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...B2483P3650.HTM
    Thanks for posting this, this is extremely important to me as I am a Philadelphia resident. Hopefully this site can be used by members to coordinate efforts against terrible laws such as this.

(Bucks County)

My state rep is, unfortunately one of the co-signers to this bill. I did however contact several of the Republican leaders via email asking for their opposition on this. I got a few favorable replies.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by starblazer
    My state rep is, unfortunately one of the co-signers to this bill. I did however contact several of the Republican leaders via email asking for their opposition on this. I got a few favorable replies.
    Yeah, I know all of my representatives are chomping at the bit for legislation like this since they're the ones that want it. I'm hoping representatives from other parts of the state are willing to protect people who aren't their constituents and will listen to us.

how do I go about writing to my reps? Is there a link ??
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

link does not work
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinGN
    link does not work
    Oops, I fixed the link, I should probably learn how to copy/paste.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

I'm having trouble understanding it, probably cause its 1 in the morning and I had 3 hours of Macro economics tonight. But what are they trying to make illegal and what should I say when I write my rep?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown
    I'm having trouble understanding it, probably cause its 1 in the morning and I had 3 hours of Macro economics tonight. But what are they trying to make illegal and what should I say when I write my rep?
    They're trying to pass a law that gets rid of state pre-emption. Currently no municipality can pass gun laws that are tougher than the state, however my city Philadelphia doesn't like that because we have lots of drug dealers shooting each other so that obviously means they need to ban guns or other such nonsense.

It would allow them to do thing like limit handgun sales, pass "assault weapon" bans, ban magazines over 10 rounds, etc. Basically if it passes you'll have to worry about driving through the state as every different city could have a patchwork of different laws, it would be imposible to keep track of.

I highly suggest everyone contact their representatives and voice their STRONG disapproval of this law.

Luckily for us this has been tried many times and every time it has crashed and burned, I'm hoping our state reps dn't get burned out fighting it and just let it through one day.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp
    I'm hoping our state reps dn't get burned out fighting it and just let it through one day.
    +1 That's why they need to hear from us. Complacency kills. If we get lazy, they too, will likely get lazy. Be sure to ask them to oppose any new/stricter gun control laws, and thank them for lisetening.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast