Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone use the "Glock Sock" Hogue rubber grip for the Glock 26 or 27?

Do you like it? Would you recommend it? I understand it needs some trimming to fit?

Thnx.

Default Re: Anyone use the "Glock Sock" Hogue rubber grip for the Glock 26 or 27?

I use it on mine. It did in fact require some trimming which i took care of with a utility knife. It turned out quite nicely. It certainly makes it easier to hold since it is a smaller package. For me it beefs up the grips just enough so I can maintain a firm purchase on the pistol. Here is a picture of my set up. (excuse the other stuff in the photo, I am trying to sell the sunglasses, so i was throwing some other stuff in there for cool factor)

Default Re: Anyone use the "Glock Sock" Hogue rubber grip for the Glock 26 or 27?

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings101 View Post
    I use it on mine. It did in fact require some trimming which i took care of with a utility knife. It turned out quite nicely. It certainly makes it easier to hold since it is a smaller package. For me it beefs up the grips just enough so I can maintain a firm purchase on the pistol. Here is a picture of my set up. (excuse the other stuff in the photo, I am trying to sell the sunglasses, so i was throwing some other stuff in there for cool factor)
    Looks like you have an extended grip/mag on there too?

Yea, takes the 9 rounds of .40 to an even 10. That adds to the grip as well. I picked those up long before I put the Hogue Grip on there. They make all the difference. It doesn't add very much to the overall length of the pistol either.

(Chester County)

I've used em in the past, I would skip them if possible.

They can move and interfere with the mag release, they can slip on the gun and change your grip....they're just not worth it, IMO.

(Butler County)

I have one on my 17 and like it. Tried it on my 19 carry gun and didn't like it. Didn't like the rubber rubbing against me. They can move around and block the mag release too.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    I've used em in the past, I would skip them if possible.

They can move and interfere with the mag release, they can slip on the gun and change your grip....they're just not worth it, IMO.
    I can't agree more! A COMPLETE waste of your money. When I had one of in the summer it would move once hot or in the rain so I tried the spray hairspray on the inside to keep it from moving, didn't work at all. IMO if your that worried about the grip surface use some of the "grip tape" products instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(York County)

I've got one on a G19 and really like it. Fits my hand quite well and no intereference with the magazine release. Mine hasn't slipped either, but I can't say I've ever had sweaty palms when I'm shooting.

I have had them on my glocks for about a year. Ive never had any problems with them slipping. It has never interfered with the magazine release for me. I can see if someone installs them with some moisture underneath or pulls them up to high they can cover the mag release, but again I have never encountered this problem.

(Bucks County)

I had one on my 23 - seemed to beef it up a little bit which was good... haven't used one since though - that was a couple years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast