Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Smile The Author of HB760 (Firearm Registration) Rep. Angel Cruz admits it won't pass

One of the authors (Cruz) of HB 760 admits that even he thinks this bill won't pass. I can't believe someone this ignorant is a Rep.

I like Rep. Seip's comments.... he seems rather intelligent.

Isn't it funny that Wheatley, Parker, Curry, and Bennington all signed on... then withdrew after reading the bill. I don't know about you guys, but my Dad always told me to read something before I signed it

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local...y_to_pass.html
    Last edited by OneLungMcClung; April 17th, 2007 at 10:36 AM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: More on (Moron?) HB 760

Well, at least they're removing their names from the bill, it's better than nothing. I don't understand why, if the bill is losing support, they don't just withdraw the bill altogether.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

And I love this little tidbit from the article, courtesy of Rep. Bill DeWeese:

Rep. Bill DeWeese (D., Greene), the Democratic floor leader, said the bill offers a chance for members to show that they hold a variety of positions on gun legislation. He said reaction from his constituents has been unprecedented, and predicted the bill's demise.
    How does a bill which requires the unequivocal registration of all firearms in the state allow members to show "a variety of positions"? It sounds pretty straightforward, cut-and-dry, and inflexible to me.

Don't want to go off-topic here, so take this as a rhetorical question: Is it just me, or is Rep. DeWeese not the biggest idiot and snake-oil salesman ever to disgrace the floor of the PA House?
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Don't want to go off-topic here, so take this as a rhetorical question: Is it just me, or is Rep. DeWeese not the biggest idiot and snake-oil salesman ever to disgrace the floor of the PA House?
    Can I offer a rhetorical answer? It's not just you.

Hopefully, this bill will die a quick death, but we need to keep our eye on the ball here - there are still plenty of disgraceful bills pending we need to work against.

(Centre County)

Default Re: The Author of HB760 (Firearm Registration) Rep. Angel Cruz admits it won't pass

I know a lot of attention has been paid to this bill, but what about all the other anti-bills out there. I haven't heard anything about them in a while (e.g. HB 30...). Do we have any updates on what's going on with these?