Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default New requirements for AR purchase?

This question is aimed at the FFL dealers out there. My father is the firearms manager at the Gander Mtn in Harrisburg. He was telling me today that they are now required to complete a PA handgun form with every AR purchase and that they are no longer allowed to sell AR's to customers under 21.
    I believe they are wrong, I told him that I knew they were requiring the PA form for lower receiver sales. If this were the case, we wouldn't be able to do private transfers of AR rifles Anyone know?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: New requirements for AR purchase?

You are correct. No such requirement for rifles.

ETA, for clarity: Lowers can not be sold to those under 21 per Fed law but no form sp4-113 is needed as they are NOT handguns.

If that is what employees are being told then someone up the chain in GM magmt is a dumbass.

PSP will be super pissed when GM starts sending in form SP4-113's for rifles.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; February 24th, 2009 at 01:18 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Erie County)

I work part time at the gander in Erie. Did not here anything on friday, but Ill let you guys now when I go in this week.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    You are correct. No such requirement for rifles. Lowers - yes, rifles, NO.

If that is what employees are being told then someone up the chain in GM magmt is a dumbass.

PSP will be super pissed when GM starts sending in form SP4-113's for rifles.
    Gotta disagree with the bolded part, my guess is that the PSP would love to have the personal information for every AR sold.

(Armstrong County)

(1) Why would a lower require a SP4-113 when it is not being registered as a pistol?
    (2) When did they impose this requirement?
    (3) Was this imposed by the State Police or ATF?
    (4) What justification?
    (5) Does any have a link to where this is published?
    (6) If this is the case all AR-15 lowers would be classified as pistols thus adding a stock would be considered a Title 3 firearm
    (7) Does any have a link to where this is published?

An OC Activist
    Ed
    Last edited by edstephan; February 24th, 2009 at 12:11 PM.
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Gotta disagree with the bolded part, my guess is that the PSP would love to have the personal information for every AR sold.
    i think he was being sarcastic () in other words, the psp would love to have that info...
    FJB

(York County)

I filled dad in on the info about the SP4-113 only being applied to stripped lowers. He was happy for the info, but he told me that ATF and PSP had a meeting with GM's management (corporate) last week and they were told that the new requirements (the SP4-113 and 21 or over age limit) applied to all AR-15 type weapons because they could "easily" be converted to a pistol length barrel (of course that would already be a federal offense without the NFA paperwork). GM is taking it a step further and filling out a SP4-113 for all tactical weapons sold, including the Sig 556, which isn't even a AR platform gun. Sounds like the ATF and PSP scared them into helping build their illegal database.
    So, how do we go about stopping this bullshit? My suggestion is, until they get this sorted out, don't purchase your AR's at Gander Mountain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpavoncello View Post
    I filled dad in on the info about the SP4-113 only being applied to stripped lowers. He was happy for the info, but he told me that ATF and PSP had a meeting with GM's management (corporate) last week and they were told that the new requirements (the SP4-113 and 21 or over age limit) applied to all AR-15 type weapons because they could "easily" be converted to a pistol length barrel (of course that would already be a federal offense without the NFA paperwork). GM is taking it a step further and filling out a SP4-113 for all tactical weapons sold, including the Sig 556, which isn't even a AR platform gun. Sounds like the ATF and PSP scared them into helping build their illegal database.
    So, how do we go about stopping this bullshit? My suggestion is, until they get this sorted out, don't purchase your AR's at Gander Mountain.
    Advise your state Rep. and Sen. if they are pro. Tell them exactly what you stated above and if you can get someone with first hand experience with GM trying to force them to fill out the SP4-113 all the better. Maybe if enough people bitch about it the illegal database will finally be put to bed.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Armstrong County)

Is is this not illegal?
    The state Police is breaking the law in enacting this regulation.
    See my previous post

An OC Activist
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(York County)

I put this out there to see if any other FFL dealers have heard of the requirements. One thing with Gander Mountain is that corporate tends to blow things out of proportion, I"m betting that the ATF and PSP made them aware of the new requirements for lower receivers only and GM decided to go overboard. This isn't the first time. I don't know if I can get my hands on a written copy of the "requirement," though I'm going to try.
    Just so you have an idea, there was a customer (actually an employee) purchasing a Sig 556 rifle while I was in the store yesterday and he filled out the PA handgun form along with his 4473.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast