Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP

http://www.jpfo.org/ 1 of 2 non compromise pro gun activast groups. The other is gun owners of america. The NRA has been compromised to some extent. They proved this when they tried to oust Congressman Ron Paul of Texas the last election

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP

holy caps lock batman!

Dont know yet, looking around looks a bit radical for my tastes so far.

(Cumberland County)

And the Founding Fathers were not? Look around you

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    holy caps lock batman!

Dont know yet, looking around looks a bit radical for my tastes so far.
    And the Brady Campaign isn't?

(Lancaster County)

Lightbulb Re: JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP

Skuggi,

IMHO - Just my opinion, but JPFO is a very good organization. When you have some time read thru the stuff on their site and cross reference the info with some searches.

What if your neighbor called the boys in black and told them you had a machine gun, when in reality it was only legal semi-auto. They have rounded up people and their guns and field agents testified they were machine guns and got them to fire automatic, basically lying in federal court. GOA and JPFO have stood up for those gun owners and proved with the help of real firearms experts the agents lied.

Now, one such guy, who aided with expert testimony, is being crucified by this rogue agency. He is the head of a company that produces firearm accessories and other parts and implements. He has been told by them, any product he makes will be considered a machine gun, and so he won't be able to make or market these essentially shutting down his company.

There is no definition of machine gun under federal law, it is their discretion as to what gun, what parts, are a machine gun. Which would be ok if they were reasonable about that. They have stated it is their position that a shoe string is a machine gun. This sounds ludicrous, but if they were using that to send you to prison, then suddenly not so funny.

Did you know they can claim to be firearms experts, put on a suit and lie in court, to a judge or jury and have your butt convicted. It has happened to legitimate gun owners, not just people screwing around making illegal MG's.

They have capriciously shut down FFL holders for minor errors. The amount of FFL holders has dramatically decreased in recent years as more folks don't want to risk the hassle or a prison sentence.

All this is scary, and does seem radical. But like the old quote says, "All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand idly by."
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Philadelphia County)

I give JFPO an A+ personally.

Been a fan of them for a very long time.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum Subscription • Buy some PAFOA Merchandise • Help PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Like I said it was at first glance. I have yet to really look around just got done reading the NRA letter and responses it doesn't seem too bad now, I think it was just the presentation of the website. I'll look around it more tomorrow, can never have too many good gun sites bookmarked.