Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Iowa NG Will Be Trained To Confiscate Firearms

With the messiah being elected it seems that enemies of Faith & Freedom believe they have been given the Green Light for their Agenda. A fast track one at that! LOOK OUT
    ~Lambo

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.

The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.

Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.

Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia to identify possible locations of the weapons dealer.

The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of the arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect.

Soldiers will knock only at households that have agreed to participate in the drill, Kots noted.

"Once credible intelligence has been gathered," said Kots, "portions of the town will be road-blocked and more in-depth searches of homes and vehicles will be conducted in accordance with the residents' wishes.

"One of the techniques we use in today's political environment is cordon and knock," Kots explained. "We ask for the head of the household, get permission to search, then have them open doors and cupboards. The homeowner maintains control. We peer over their shoulder, and the soldier uses the homeowner's body language and position to protect him."

During this phase of the operation, troops will interact with residents and media while implementing crowd-control measures and possibly treating and evacuating injured persons.

The unit will use a Blackhawk helicopter for overhead command and control, and to simulate medevacs.

The drill will culminate in the apprehension of the suspected arms dealer.

Alpha Company will conduct a review of the drill on Sunday, April 5.

A meeting to give residents more information and accept volunteers will be held 7 p.m. Monday, March 2, in the Arcadia American Legion hall.

Kots said the exercise will replace Alpha Company's weekend drill for April.

"We have a lot of extended drills this coming year," he added.

In addition to surveillance, searching and apprehension, the exercise will also give the troops valuable experience in stability, support, patrol, traffic control, vehicle searches and other skills needed for deployment in an urban environment.

"This exercise will improve the real-life operational skills of the unit," said Kots. "And it will hopefully improve the public's understanding of military operations."

The pre-drill work with residents is as important at the drill itself.

"It will be important for us to gain the trust and confidence of the residents of Arcadia," said Kots. "We will need to identify individuals that are willing to assist us in training by allowing us to search their homes and vehicles and to participate in role-playing."

"We really want to get as much information out there as possible, because this operation could be pretty intrusive to the people of Arcadia."

Related Links

http://www.carrollspaper.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=7451&SectionID=1&SubSe ctionID=&S=1

Default Re: Iowa NG Will Be Trained To Confiscate Firearms

Ummm.

No thank you on the search, check the guy next door.

(Erie County)

Here we see the counter to the foolishness I heard so many use in defense of the Patriot Act and spying on American citizens, "well if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about."

I wouldn't bother answering the door.
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

(Chester County)

I thought blackhawk helicopters didn't exist?!!?!?!?!?!!

(Lancaster County)

Why Iowa?!? I think of corn when I think of Iowa? I could see this happening in a state like CA or IL, but Iowa is like nothing there. What's in Iowa is threathening? That's another thing I don't understand about the strict gun laws in NE and KS? Doesn't suprise me though since those states voted for Obama.

(Allegheny County)

i must be blind, 'cause i don't see anything about them being trained to confiscate firearms???????

trained to locate and apprehend a wanted individual...yep.

trained to confiscate firearms? i can't find that part...
    F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    i must be blind, 'cause i don't see anything about them being trained to confiscate firearms???????

trained to locate and apprehend a wanted individual...yep.

trained to confiscate firearms? i can't find that part...
    It's the magic 'read between the lines and create your own reactionary story' print you can't see ..... only readable by those looking to leap at the drop of a hat.

On a more serious note it does bother me that we are seeing more and more of these 'urban' training missions ... ya think they know something we don't know?

(Northampton County)

It would be sort of neat to see "zero" participation among the residents. That would kinda' throw a monkey wrench to the whole exercise.

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Allegheny County)

Wonder how answering the door with a gun on your hip would go?

And yes, the title of the thread is deliberately misleading.
    Or it's what DC said.

That said, the more of this that happens, the more people come to accept a military/police state.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo View Post

Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia.....

"We really want to get as much information out there as possible, because this operation could be pretty intrusive to the people of Arcadia
    Scenario: John Doe somehow never heard about this exercise. He works the night shift Wednesday night, comes home early Thursday a.m. hits the bed for some shut eye. Suddenly he's awakened by the rumble of armored personel carriers coming down the street, flanked by soldiers dressed in full-out battle gear etc. and he had NO IDEA this was a game. He goes into shtf mode and ................... That could get ugly. Sounds like lousy idea to me. This game should be played on a military base.

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast