Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Concealed Carry on the road to FL

We are driving to FL next week. For the states that I will be carrying in during the drive, VA, NC, GA and FL, what is the requirement -must tell or don't have to, if I am stopped by the polizia and asked, le
    vostre carte soddisfanno ? (papers please)

Also FL is concealed carry only. True ?

Thanks all

[IMG]file:///D:/DOCUME%7E1/Jinks/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

IN DOG WE TRUST
    OBEY THE YELLOW LAB

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry on the road to FL

From PA to FL

MD: must transport under federal provisions = empty, locked up in trunk, etc..
    WV: your PA license will cover you. carry as you desire. OC legal
    VA: your PA license will cover you. carry as you desire. OC legal
    NC: your PA license will cover you. carry as you desire. OC legal. if stopped or addressed even on foot - you must notify the officer.
    SC: put your gun in the glovebox or console. If it wont fit, it must be stored in the trunk then. OC illegal, does not recognize nonresident licenses. If you get stopped and have to reach into glovebox or console, its recommended that you give the officer fair warning.
    GA: our PA license will cover you. carry as you desire. licensed OC legal
    FL: our PA license will cover you. carry as you desire. OC illegal. open carry can land you in county motel, even if licensed.
    Last edited by knight0334; March 3rd, 2009 at 01:35 AM. Reason: damn typo.

First off, Yellow Bird Hunting Labs ROCK!!! Mine has had over 2500 birds shot over him and he's never lost a retrieve...born and bred in Lancaster county.

Now that that is out of the way, I cannot speak for VA, NC, or FL but in Georgia, you are not required to notify LEO if you have a weapon in your vehicle. Keep in mind, in GA, a motor vehicle is an extension of your home and you may carry a loaded pistol in your car without a permit provided it is either in PLAIN VIEW or in Glove box/Center console.

If you need to stop along 95 while in Savannah, let me know, I'll meet up with ya at one of our finer establishment at exit 94...cracker barrel, hooters, Ruby Tuesday, mexican, one or two others etc...

Have fun on your trip. Of, if you encounter any mechanical problems, let me know, i shoot trap and skeet with the best mechanic in the area.

enjoy!!!

(Northampton County)

WV: your PA license will cover you. carry as you desire. OC legal
    WV does not have full preemption the way PA does. Any local ord against OC that predated preemption CAN still be in effect. CC however is as far as I know OK all over WV.

Be careful about packing in a restaurant that serves booze. Most other states are not as permissive as PA about that. There should be signs posted at the doors.

If you carry a semi auto....unload the mags before you enter MD. I understand a loaded mag is a loaded gun in that goofy state.

Have a safe trip.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    WV does not have full preemption the way PA does. Any local ord against OC that predated preemption CAN still be in effect. CC however is as far as I know OK all over WV.

Be careful about packing in a restaurant that serves booze. Most other states are not as permissive as PA about that. There should be signs posted at the doors.

If you carry a semi auto....unload the mags before you enter MD. I understand a loaded mag is a loaded gun in that goofy state.

Have a safe trip.
    There are two known localities that had grandfathered provisions, Charleston and some other place. Since his destination is FL, its only a forgone conclusion he will only be driving through WV.. And with his location being in Cumberland Co, I figured he might scrape the eastern panhandle of WV, which doesn't have either of the two grandfathered towns.

(Northampton County)

There are two known localities that had grandfathered provisions, Charleston and some other place.
    I THINK the other might be Parkersburg but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    To my knowledge it is NOT. Can you provide a cite or is it just hearsay??

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    First off, Yellow Bird Hunting Labs ROCK!!! Mine has had over 2500 birds shot over him and he's never lost a retrieve...born and bred in Lancaster county.

Now that that is out of the way, I cannot speak for VA, NC, or FL but in Georgia, you are not required to notify LEO if you have a weapon in your vehicle. Keep in mind, in GA, a motor vehicle is an extension of your home and you may carry a loaded pistol in your car without a permit provided it is either in PLAIN VIEW or in Glove box/Center console.

If you need to stop along 95 while in Savannah, let me know, I'll meet up with ya at one of our finer establishment at exit 94...cracker barrel, hooters, Ruby Tuesday, mexican, one or two others etc...

Have fun on your trip. Of, if you encounter any mechanical problems, let me know, i shoot trap and skeet with the best mechanic in the area.

enjoy!!!
    Thank you..... our Lab has NEVER lost a tennis ball or frisby in 6 years.... and I have broken her from chasing the deer here on the Mt. We haven't been hunting since 1973. Labs of any color are the greatest dogs on the planet(IMHO)

We stop in Florence for the night and then leave early to get to Orlando by 1ish. In the last 10 years we have stopped overnight in Savanna twice. Really enjoyed the place. Both times we ate at the Chart House (?) on the water. Did a tour the first time. It does get hot in your part of the country in the summer time.

Thanks for offer. If you get up here were are 40 min from Hershey park and 40 min from Gettysburg.. give us a shout....... but it looks like your from Dauphin county (PA) ?

IN DOG WE TRUST
    OBEY THE YELLOW LAB

Originally Posted by reverserboy

Originally Posted by chrisjames_71

I am also curious of the answer on this one if only as info for everyone.

We are good to go for the ride through MD.

IN DOG WE TRUST
    OBEY THE YELLOW LAB

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Originally Posted by reverserboy

Originally Posted by chrisjames_71

I am also curious of the answer on this one if only as info for everyone.

We are good to go for the ride through MD.

Its not true.. The law states the FIREARM must be unloaded, says nothing about the magazine. I don't have my law book handy, so I can't get the actually wording for ya.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast