Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default The truth on HR6257 to reinstate the AWB:

This bill was sponsored in Nov 2008 by Republican congressman Mark Kirk, and has 4 sponsors:
    Rep. Castle, a Republican from Delaware
    Rep. Ferguson, a Republican from NJ
    Rep. Ros-Letiner, a Republican from FL
    Rep. Shays, a Republican from CT.

The bill was moved into committe at the end of the '08 session, where it remains and will remain till it dies.
    There are NO Democratic supporters and NO OTHER Republican supporters of this bill.

President Obama's statement on the issue of firearms was removed from his website after the election,and has been removed from the Agenda website completely. There is NO PLAN or INTENDED PLAN to confiscate or even register any firearms by the Democrats or by President Obama's administration.

FWIW, the first AWB was sponsored by Republicans, and only 3 GOPs in congress voted against it.

I know some of you won't believe this, but this is fact.

Democrats are NOT in favor of gun confiscation.

mark

(Northampton County)

Default Re: The truth on HR6257 to reinstate the AWB:

FWIW, the first AWB was sponsored by Republicans, and only 3 GOPs in congress voted against it.
    Really.....have any names or links. Who sponsered it??

(Lehigh County)

Oh please god tell me you have solid evidence.. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise.. lol

(Lancaster County)

"Damn, I'm responsible for the highest gun sales of all time. We better get that shit off the internet and pronto."

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Oh please god tell me you have solid evidence.. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise.. lol
    watch out morel, the shit storm is a comin.....
    FJB

(Schuylkill County)

Here's what I got from Wikipedia.

Actual Senate voting results

Number of Democrats voting for the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act: 50/53 (94.3%)

Number of Republicans voting for the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act: 45/47 (95.7%)

Republicans supporting the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act: Richard Shelby (AL), Frank Murkowski, Ted Stevens (AK), John McCain (AZ), Christopher Bond (MO), Conrad Burns (MT), Judd Gregg, Bob Smith (NH), Pete Domenici (NM), Alfonse D'Amato (NY), Duncan Faircloth, Jesse Helms (NC), Don Nickles (OK), Robert Packwood (OR), Arlen Specter (PA), John Chafee (RI), J. Thurmond (SC), Larry Pressler (SD), Kay Hutchison (TX), George Brown, Ben Campbell (CO), William Roth (DE), Connie MAck (FL), Paul Coverdell (GA), Larry Craig, Dirk Kempthorne (ID), Daniel Coats, Richard Lugar (IN), Charles Grassley (IA), Bob Dole, Nancy Kassebaum (KS), Mitch McConnell (KY), William Cohen (ME), Thad Cochran, Trent Lott (MS), Robert Bennett, Orrin Hatch (UT), James Jeffords (VT), John Warner (VA), T. Gorton (WA), Alan Simpson, Malcolm Wallop (WY)

Democrats supporting the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act: Howell Heflin (AL) Dennis DeConcini (AZ), Dale Bumpers, David Pryor (AR) Barara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein (CA), Max Baucus (MT), J. Exon, J. Kerrey (NE), Richard Bryan, Harry Reid (NV), William Bradley, Frank Lautenberg (NJ), Jef Bingaman (NM), Daniel Moynihan (NY), John Glenn, Howard Metzenbaum (OH), David Boren (OK), Harris Wofford (PA), Claiborne Pell (RI), Ernest Hollings (SC), Tom Daschle (SD), Harlan Matthews, James Sasser (TN), Chris Dodd, Joe Lieberman (CT), Joe Biden (DE), Bob Graham (FL), Sam Nunn (GA), Daniel Akaka, Daniel Inouye (HI), Carol Braun (IL), Thomas Harkin (IA), Wendell Ford (KY), John Breaux, John Johnston (LA), George Mitchell (ME), Barbara Mikulski, Paul Sarbanes (MD), Edward Kennedy, John Kerry (MA), Carl Levin, Don Riegle (MI), Paul Wellstone (MN), Pat Leahy (VT), Charles Robb (VA), Patty Murray (WA), Robert Byrd, John Rockefeller (WV), Herbert Kohl (WI)

Republicans voting against: David Durenberger (MN),Mark Hatfield (OR)

Democrats voting against: Paul Simon (IL), Russell Feingold (WI)

Not voting: Byron Dorgan - Democrat (ND)

Source: Senate Vote On Passage: H.R. 3355 [103rd]: Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994[1]

The above information is for the entire "Crime Bill" the data on actual weapon ban in the bill is much more partisan.

10-26-1993: Original H. 3355 - $3.45 billion for law enforcement funding

11-3-1993: H. 3355 passed by House on voice vote

11-17-1993: Feinstein's S. Amdt. 1152 - Semiautomatic Assault Weapons - to Biden's S. 1607 Passed on 56-43 record vote [Yes = 46-D and 10-R / No = 9-D and 34-R]

11-19-1993: Senate substituted amended S. 1607 for H. 3355 Passed on 95-4 record vote [4 Nays = Durenberger (R-MN), Feingold (D-WI), Hatfield (R-OR), Simon (D-IL)]

8-21-1994: House agrees to conference report Passed on 235-195 record vote [Yes = 188-D, 1-I, 46-R / No = 64-D, 131-R ]

8-25-1994: Senate agree to conference report Passed on 61-38 record vote [Yes = 54-D and 7-R / No = 2-D and 36-R]

Bill became Public Law 103-322 with a total cost exceeding $29 billion

Just more evidence that there is little difference between the republicrat parties

(Lawrence County)

So you are calling the Dems 46-9 as opposed to the Reps 10-34 "little difference"? Lol, you must use that liberal math.
    Last edited by jerkin; February 21st, 2009 at 12:54 PM.

"Democrats are not in favor of gun confiscation"? Give me a break. The following is a partial rogues gallery of them. 1. Sen Diane Feinstein 2. Sen Chuck Schumer. 3. Sen Frank Lautenburg 4. Sen Barbara Boxer 5. Sen Tom Harkin 6. Sen Ted Kennedy etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on about Democrats who would gladly sign on to a new AWB. None of these folks has ever done anything to "lesson" the restrictions on firearms ownership, in fact they work tirelessly for more infringements of your 2nd Amendment rights. It's unbelievable that you could say such a thing.

(Monroe County)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257

This had 5 sponsors, it never got passed committe

ep. Mark Kirk [R-IL] - Illinois... thats a surprise

Cosponsors [as of 2009-01-09]
    Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL] - Miami
    Rep. Michael Ferguson [R-NJ] - From NJ... need anymore to be said? Don't even look into this guys history
    Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT] - Lost the 2008 election, way to represent
    Rep. Michael Castle [R-DE] - Wilmington Delaware

IT was NEVER voted on, never even made it to Comittee vote and those Republicans can barely be called "R".

the only shocking part is that no one from NY or CA jumped on this...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Susquehanna County)

Dogngun, I think your analysis is in error on several points.
    1. HR 6257 died with the end of the 110th Congress in December 2008. As did HR 1022.

2. While no sane gunowner would support either bill of the two, McCarthy's HR1022 was the more restrictive and onerous. It contained language that would allow the U.S. Atty Gen'l the authority to ban ANY firearm if it had ever been adopted for use by the U.S. military or any LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. It also contained language that eliminated the "sporting use" of certain weapons. By declaring them not sporting even though they are/were used in sport events. i.e. The use of AR platforms for Service Rifle competition or as the base for NRA High Power Match rifles doesn't make them sporting weapons.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast