Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default They are getting harder to find.

Went to my local gun shop. It is a bigger one, and does a ton of business. I had decided that I wanted to get myself a KAHR CW9 as a alternate carry piece for times that I wanted to be a bit more discreet.

OK, OK, I liked the betterhalves KAHR that I got her and wanted to get me one too. There I said it.

Anyway, they had sold the last one the day before, and there was another guy there looking to buy a KAHR too, so he said for us to hang on and let him call the distributors and see when he could have them in.

The first guy he called was all out, and didn't know when he would be getting anymore. I could tell by the way my dealer was talking to him, that he was a bit surprised by this. He called a second guy. Same response, it would be a while till he could get them. I wasn't really concerned, cause I didn't plan on carrying it out that day anyway. But it did make me realize that pistols may be selling a bit better than most of have realized. Even the distributors are having a hard time keeping up with demand.

Guess I'll just have to carry the betterhalfs for now.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Berks County)

Default Re: They are getting harder to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Even the distributors are having a hard time keeping up with demand.
    +1 on that. It took me a few months to find a shop that had the Springfield 1911 that I wanted in stock. In the end, I had to buy out of state and have it transferred, and I got one of 2 they had left. If I had waited another day, they would've been sold out.

Nice choice on the CW9, BTW. I have an MK9 and love it. All in all Kahr makes a good pistol, and I've found their customer service to be top-notch.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

Handguns have been going even faster than EBRs, from what I've heard. The reason it isn't as obvious is that all types of handguns are selling fast, drawing from a larger supply, whereas with rifles it is highly focused on those few types likely to be included in any new ban.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Wayne County)

I'm glad they are selling out fast! I hope there's a direct correlation to the number of handguns sold to the number of new gun owners also.

I don't think it's too far off the mark to say that the majority of folks understand the value of a handgun for personal defense. It's a good starting point. Once they acquire one, hopefully the education will begin and they will begin to equate their ability to own and carry their handgun is directly tied to their ability to do the same with EBRs. An inexpensive handgun is within most people's budget. Most EBRs are a bit outside when taken into consideration with other household financial needs.

Although I don't own an AR/AK/etc., I certainly understand that my right to own my single shot NEF Handi Rifle is inseparably connected to my right to own an EBR, even if I don't excercise that right. It's been a gradual transformation to understand that. However, if the number of sales does correlate to new ownership, we should make every effort to reach out to these people to hasten the education.

Just my $.02.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

I happened to luck into a CW45 for a good price last week. The shop I was at also had a CW40, admittedly for a better price, but inventory seemed lean compared to previous visits over the years. The crowd at the counter was also bigger than previous visits.

The manager had said that they have heard stories from other dealers that .380 ammo was getting hard to track down and sales across the board were up.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I happened to luck into a CW45 for a good price last week. The shop I was at also had a CW40, admittedly for a better price, but inventory seemed lean compared to previous visits over the years. The crowd at the counter was also bigger than previous visits.

The manager had said that they have heard stories from other dealers that .380 ammo was getting hard to track down and sales across the board were up.
    Just was told from the range guy that .380 is dried up on the east coast.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I'm glad they are selling out fast! I hope there's a direct correlation to the number of handguns sold to the number of new gun owners also.
    Almost every time I go to my local gun shop. There is someone there buying a gun for the first time. Either they came in on their own, or a friend brought them in. I have to chuckle some times, cause you can tell, some of them really don't know what they want. They just want to buy something, cause they are afraid your not going to be able to buy them in the future.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Just was told from the range guy that .380 is dried up on the east coast.
    Wal Mart on 222 in Trexler, between I 78 and Route 100 last week had stacks of it. It was the only pistol caliber they had.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.