Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Looking for AR Builders in the Philadelphia area

I'm looking to put a few AR's together...slowly and just got started. If you are in the Philadelphia area and have the time to show me around, tips, tricks, tools, etc. I'd appreciate it. I don't have any tool or even a work bench to even replace my flash hider yet. Not sure how to approach the process, but watch-learn-and-do seems to be a reasonable start.

Al

Default Re: Looking for AR Builders in the Philadelphia area

Check out AR-15.com. They have a section for building AR's that is outstanding. It shows step by step instrucions for assembling uppers and lowers. They tell you what tools to buy, and where to get them. Also check out youtube, there are some really good videos that show exactly how to assemble a stripped lower. I used both of these to assemble my first stripped lower and it only took me about 30 min. The second one probably took 20. It's really easy, good luck.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Check out AR-15.com. They have a section for building AR's that is outstanding. It shows step by step instrucions for assembling uppers and lowers. They tell you what tools to buy, and where to get them. Also check out youtube, there are some really good videos that show exactly how to assemble a stripped lower. I used both of these to assemble my first stripped lower and it only took me about 30 min. The second one probably took 20. It's really easy, good luck.
    Thanks for the tips. I'm watching the new Brownell's series, which I think is the best I've seen so far. I think I'll be OK on my own, but sorta want to look for an experienced builder in the area for some hands-on observation (oxymoronic I think).

Al

I am about an hour West of Philadelphia. I'll PM you my cell if you have questions.

It's really not that tough to put together an AR15.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Specifically, look in the forums/ar-15/build-it-yourself. Hopefully, that makes sense to you. I don't really know how else to explain. I found the sticky thread on building lowers to be better than the instructions on the ar15.com main site.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    It's really not that tough to put together an AR15.
    Its like a set of expensive legos really. Just a hell of a lot more fun when its assembled.

Anyway, I'm have an extremely hard time finding either a 14.5 or 16 inch M4 barrel for my build. seems like its next to impossible right now.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    Specifically, look in the forums/ar-15/build-it-yourself. Hopefully, that makes sense to you. I don't really know how else to explain. I found the sticky thread on building lowers to be better than the instructions on the ar15.com main site.
    I think Brownells is the best of all the ones I've seen.
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Gun...p=0&t=1&i=1103

Each segment comes with the PDF printout of step-by-step instructions as well.

Al