Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Who is "they" and where you really under the impression that "they" would, or are you just being an asshole?
    If you don't know who "they" are then you really haven't been paying attention.

(Cambria County)

Lightbulb Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" -Theodore Roosevelt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyez9669 View Post
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" -Theodore Roosevelt
    I don't think that you are allowed to carry a stick.

(Cambria County)

Did you ever just have one of those days that your not sure that you can take another step....take another breath? Today was one of those days for me. It's been rough lately. I'm wondering if Im at in life where I'm suppose to be, is there a different life I'm suppose to be living, my father (the one I respect most) just recently found out he has cancer and 6 months to live, and my girlfriend (who has a brain tumor) slipped into a coma.
    As I worked on my car, since I busted my passenger side wheel bearing today, to alleviate stress. I pondered about anything and everything. No one could talk me out of my funk including myself, which I usually can do. I meant absolutely no one. I retired to my bed, and checked my email. Ah, yeah, a response to my Teddy quote! I read your response that you think I can't have a stick. I laughed, I smiled, I almost sprinkled, and I just want to thank you. Its the little things in life that makes it all worth while, and I don't think they should go unrecognized. So thank you! Long story for a simple thank you, but I wanted you to know the depths of my thank you.

(Montgomery County)

Sorry you're having a tough go at it lately.

This too shall pass..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyez9669 View Post
    Did you ever just have one of those days that your not sure that you can take another step....take another breath? Today was one of those days for me. It's been rough lately. I'm wondering if Im at in life where I'm suppose to be, is there a different life I'm suppose to be living, my father (the one I respect most) just recently found out he has cancer and 6 months to live, and my girlfriend (who has a brain tumor) slipped into a coma.
    As I worked on my car, since I busted my passenger side wheel bearing today, to alleviate stress. I pondered about anything and everything. No one could talk me out of my funk including myself, which I usually can do. I meant absolutely no one. I retired to my bed, and checked my email. Ah, yeah, a response to my Teddy quote! I read your response that you think I can't have a stick. I laughed, I smiled, I almost sprinkled, and I just want to thank you. Its the little things in life that makes it all worth while, and I don't think they should go unrecognized. So thank you! Long story for a simple thank you, but I wanted you to know the depths of my thank you.

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Umm.. Uhhh ..... say again? you have a .30-30? you do realize that possessing this firearm will get you a LOT of good quality jail time right? and admitting this on a PUBLIC FORUM is a very good indicator that
    1) you still do not grasp the concept that YOU ARE A PROHIBITED PERSON!!! AND ARE NOT TO POSSESS FIREARMS!!!!
    2) are STILL INCAPABLE OF GOOD DECISION MAKING!!!
    I suspect your next post will be from a jail cell bemoaning the fact that you were just a victim of circumstances and are really just a good person.

See ya!! in 5 years!!
    The SOLE reason I signed up on this site is to tell you smug, self righteous hypocrites to lay off with your judgmental nonsense.

First of all, she was clearly saying that she could only dream of owning a gun, not that she possesses one.

Secondly, my sister was raped twice by the same man, who ironically enough has a cabinet full of guns and no criminal record at the time that this occurred.
    When she came home that night, I lost control. And that motherfucker lost his vision in his left eye and four of his teeth. So now, due to my poor decision of taking matters into my own hands, I am now a convicted felon, and a violent offender at that. And I understand that violent offenders in particular should not be allowed to carry firearms, so I am okay with that.

But before that night, which was 13 years ago, and ever since, I have never ever gotten so much as a traffic ticket. I work 50 hours a week, support my three children, probably pay more in taxes each year than most people make.

What is my point? My point is that I'm just sick of listening to you people talk down to others because of a bad decision made as a youth. I really don't give a shit if you didn't make any mistakes as a kid. Some situations are thrust upon you and unavoidable. You did not live the life this person has, you did not face the same challenges or presented with a bad option and a worse one.

Eph 4:28 The one who steals must steal no longer; rather he must labor, doing good with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with the one who has need.

In other words, people deserve a second chance.

So, I really don't care what people think of me as a person because of my felony. I'm not a bad person, and neither is this woman that you are harrassing.

You really should try being less of a snooty prick; you might start enjoying life more.

Thanks for listening

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by flynismo View Post
    What is my point? My point is that I'm just sick of listening to you people talk down to others because of a bad decision made as a youth. I really don't give a shit if you didn't make any mistakes as a kid.
    I'm pretty confident that if each person on this board was caught doing the worst thing they've done in life that nearly all of us would be prohibitted.

I don't think the woman should be prohibitted, either. But her situation is a little different than yours. She has 24 misdemeanors and 7 felonies. She was an intentional, premeditated criminal on an ongoing basis. Not quite the same thing that happened to you. But she also did it as a kid, and I don't disrespect her if she's turned her life around.

(Cambria County)

Angry Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

Boy you are way behind. Since I first posted on this forum I have became close friends with almost everyone, even the original poster. I took the blame for my sister of whom I shared a checking account. She bounced 23 checks and showed an old id(which is an automatic felony). I was away attending college and didnt know that she was in a bad way needing food and baby clothes. I couldn't afford a lawyer so one got appointed to me; hence, I got charged with a misdemeanor for each check bounced. I wasnt about to put a single mother in jail. I gave up my career for her and my nephew and would not hesitate to do it again. Everyone who knows me knows that I am an outstanding citizen and some even know the sacrifices I made for my family. I even had the opportunity to work as an accountant for a government based company and even for a bank. I just can't ever own a gun. That I feel is unfair especially since I was going for criminal law sharp shooting, but I respect the law so I do NOT own a gun. So please think before spewing words of venom that just maybe are wrong especially if you don't have all the facts. The facts were listed in previous pages. Sorry to get offensive but because of my predicament i've learned not to judge anyone, felon or not, which is funny since I was hoping to grow up shooting people whom I had to assume were bad just because my county said so. Maybe thats why God intervened the way that he did. To the man who shot his sisters attacker, kudos,
    I would gave done the same thing. Ty 4 coming to my aide, but I got this. Im glad chivery
    is not dead.

(Cambria County)

Yes! You should look below and see my reply.

(Delaware County)

i'll say this,
    my old man was arrested on felony charges in the 80's but never convicted and he can't buy any gun. we found this out in the the early 00's when i took him to the gun store to buy a shotgun and he was denied. he could probably fight it but has no desire to. it really bugs me but doesn't bother him at all. i would like to take up shooting with him but he is just not into it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast