Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

Ok, then I'll give you an apology, but with a caveat. I'm sorry if I got a bit liberal with my smartass remarks. But, it's hard to tell exactly what your saying in some of your posts, and given the type and amount of convictions it's not out of the realm of we're not going to take much of it seriously. So, I'll lay off the rudeness if you'll try just a little bit to make your words mean what your thinking.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Hmmm College education and cant use spell check? Anyway, yes every time that you commit a crime it is another offense.
    Sorry but that's the way it should work for any crime. If I go out and rob 14 gas stations is it just lumped into one charge? And how do you think that committing check fraud is not hurting anyone? Do you think that makes it Ok? No. And a crime is a crime, you broke the law. Part of making bad choices is the fact that you have to live with them the rest of your life. The Lord may forgive past sins but Society does not. it stays with you for the rest of your life, that is why they call it your "permanent record". It is something that they should engrave on the foreheads of every kid in school, committing a crime stays with you forever. And its not just paying some money to clear your name, its still up to a judge to decide.
    And under the penalties for repeatedly committing the crime you give up some of your rights because the judicial system has judged that you have a proclivity for criminal behavior. This is how it works for everyone
    So as a penalty, to KEEP you honest and PREVENT you from ever owning any instrument that can be used against any of your law abiding neighbors who never made bad decisions as a youth, you are prevented from owning them.
    Furthermore, if you are found with one in your possession you will go back to prison. It is a deterrent designed to keep guns away from people who have shown that in the past they have shown bad decision making.
    I am a firm believer in you can't fix stupid! "Stupid decisions in the past will haunt your future." My father said that to me many years ago and though I was not perfect by any stretch, I chose not to "F" up to the point of having my rights stripped from me. If you have in fact changed your ways, there is a much cheaper way to get the rights back. I have done much research on it and it's not that expensive to get "white collar crimes" expunged. Much more expensive for the violent crimes. Raising a family does not require permission, though I think it should have at least an aptitude test...
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

(Cambria County)

Talking Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

Some of you got it wrong, but most got it right. I do not have no guns period! I said since I'm not allowed to have guns then all I have is my imagination to imagine having a gun while roleplaying with my hubby in the bedroom or in my dreams!
    As to the response to the guy who is getting discouraged not able to get a job because of his past and bad credit.... all I said was that I understand his discouragement, but to not give up....theres always hope. I also named a couple places that are willing to help people like him in that situation who feel hopeless in getting a job. I said the hiring market is a tough field, with or without baggage, but hang in they and don't resort to his past behavior. I also stated that if I came into a lot of money I would love to help people find jobs who are in the pit of despair on finding a decent job. God is there to guide us, but it never hurts having someone additional help you toward the correct direction. God may close one door but opens another. Keep the faith

The whole idea of life time prohibition and all that jazz is only a fairly recent decision by our legislators during the 1960's and early 70's. The US Congress was Democrat as well as most of the Presidents during that time. Anti-gun? Hell ya.

What many on this thread fail to realize, our whole system screams fucked up on many levels, including sentencing and life long prohibitions. We've wrapped ourselves into this lock em up and throw away the key mentality. There has to be a limit of government intrusion of Rights.
    Whatever happened to paying your debt to society and move on with your life? Why do some members here throw some big ass rocks while living in the shakiest glass houses? Any one of us is only one small mistake away from being a felon on federal or state levels. We are over regulated, PERIOD!

I have always said and support full restoration of rights after fulfillment of sentence and a grace period. See, Alaska and there very recent full right restoration for drug offenses and non violent crimes.

Bad shit happens to good people every day. Our criminal justice system is super fucked up and out of control. The felons of today just might be your savior tomorrow so be aware of your harsh words toward fellow human beings.

CL

(Cambria County)

Smile Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

Thank u for the appoligy. I made my mistake(s) when I was 18. I bounced my personal checking account and gave a false id so I can get into club to see a comedian. I didn't drink and I don't drink to this day... I just wanted to see this comedian who is performing in a bar. Its been 14 years since then..... and I'm not the person that I was then. Crime fee going on 15 years. Job market is still hard weither you have a criminal background or not. Just don't give up and keep the faith.
    Last edited by Wildeyez9669; January 3rd, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyez9669 View Post
    I laughed at most of ur responses. Thanks for lifting up my spirit.....since i've been bummed about not being aloud to hunt. I love all of your quick wit response weither they were yay or nay about owning a gun.....Favorite was the one about taking away my library card instead!
    Evidently they don't teach spelling in prison.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    OK, who are you and what did you do with Wildeyez? This was actually articulate, intelligible and except for the double negative in the second sentence (unless by saying "do not have no", you really mean "do have" and are trying to throw us off the scent) grammatically correct. Text speak and spelling shortcuts have their place in written communication, but forum posts where you're trying to convince people you've learned from your past mistakes and have become a mature responsible adult is not one of them. You'll get a lot more helpful advice and a lot less sarcasm with comments like this one.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post

(Montgomery County)

Pass me this

and you get this

your pitiful ninja skills are no match for dr. seuss

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    Who is "they" and where you really under the impression that "they" would, or are you just being an asshole?
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast