Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

I laughed at most of ur responses. Thanks for lifting up my spirit.....since i've been bummed about not being aloud to hunt. I love all of your quick wit response weither they were yay or nay about owning a gun.....Favorite was the one about taking away my library card instead!

(Cambria County)

There I looked it up 4 u John. NJ is the same as PA for the ruling on felons with firearms. Its no go...what a surprise!!! Guess I could roleplay that im hunting with my 30 30(Haaaaaa ha). Id just pee myself seeing me ask Al to dress up in a big furry animal costume. I think those people are called "furry's" lmaorotf!!!!!! (Hey look I used the picture u took of me 2 months ago as my pic.)

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyez9669 View Post
    There I looked it up 4 u John. NJ is the same as PA for the ruling on felons with firearms. Its no go...what a surprise!!! Guess I could roleplay that im hunting with my 30 30(Haaaaaa ha). Id just pee myself seeing me ask Al to dress up in a big furry animal costume. I think those people are called "furry's" lmaorotf!!!!!! (Hey look I used the picture u took of me 2 months ago as my pic.)
    You have a .30-30?
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

There may be more than just the convictions causing your prohibition....

Does anyone else hear the theme from Loony Tunes playing in the background?
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Umm.. Uhhh ..... say again? you have a .30-30? you do realize that possessing this firearm will get you a LOT of good quality jail time right? and admitting this on a PUBLIC FORUM is a very good indicator that
    1) you still do not grasp the concept that YOU ARE A PROHIBITED PERSON!!! AND ARE NOT TO POSSESS FIREARMS!!!!
    2) are STILL INCAPABLE OF GOOD DECISION MAKING!!!
    I suspect your next post will be from a jail cell bemoaning the fact that you were just a victim of circumstances and are really just a good person.

See ya!! in 5 years!!
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Wildeyez...I say this in all seriousness. When your forced to let go of your 30-30, PM me, I'm in the market for one.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    INAL but even if Pennsylvania said that it is okay to own a gun because of the passage of time, wouldn't the GCA '68 prohibit it until expungement, pardon, or restoration of civi rights by the Secretary of Treasury or does the Secretary of Homeland Security handle that now?
    The person would be ok.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 921

(20) The term “crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year” does not include—
    (A) any Federal or State offenses pertaining to antitrust violations, unfair trade practices, restraints of trade, or other similar offenses relating to the regulation of business practices, or
    (B) any State offense classified by the laws of the State as a misdemeanor and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less.

What constitutes a conviction of such a crime shall be determined in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction in which the proceedings were held. Any conviction which has been expunged, or set aside or for which a person has been pardoned or has had civil rights restored shall not be considered a conviction for purposes of this chapter, unless such pardon, expungement, or restoration of civil rights expressly provides that the person may not ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms.
    If a judge restores a convicted felon's right to possess a gun, then he/she isn't prohibited under the GCA anymore.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    You have a .30-30?
    Not necessarily; that may just be a part of her role-playing.

Role-playing that you are counting your millions of dollars of gold coins would not make you rich.

(Montgomery County)

Quoted from another thread...

I'm 32 and have 24 misdemeanors & 7 felonies. I know the hopelessness in finding a job period let alone have a criminal background. Theres certain places ( like 2 in pa-ha ha ha) that hire and pay half decent for people like us. Company called New visions in Johnstown, pittsburgh. It s hard to stay straight when no one wants to hire us. The only way to not to resort back to bad habits is start ur own shin-dig. I would love to start a company that helps only people like us gain employment. U can always try temp agencies bc some like addecco and kellys doesn't do background searches. Best of luck!
    ^^^^^^THIS is why you should never have a gun. Non-criminals do not have to struggle to stay straight. I went YEARS without a job and never considered a crime. You just proved the state did the right thing by disallowing ownership.

(Cambria County)

Talking Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

Some of you got it wrong, but most got it right. I do not have no guns period! I said since I'm not allowed to have guns then all I have is my imagination to imagine having a gun while roleplaying with my hubby in the bedroom or in my dreams!
    As to the response to the guy who is getting discouraged not able to get a job because of his past and bad credit.... all I said was that I understand his discouragement, but to not give up....theres always hope. I also named a couple places that are willing to help people like him in that situation who feel hopeless in getting a job. I said the hiring market is a tough field, with or without baggage, but hang in there and don't resort to his past behavior. I also stated that if I came into a lot of money I would love to help people find jobs who are in the pit of despair on finding a decent job. God is there to guide us, but it never hurts having someone additional help you toward the correct direction. God may close one door but opens another. Keep the faith
    Last edited by Wildeyez9669; January 3rd, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast