Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: convicted felon owning a handgun

They should let her own guns but deny her library cards. It would make more sense.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    They should let her own guns but deny her library cards. It would make more sense.

By the way... has anyone else realized this is a 4-year old thread?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyez9669 View Post
    To the person listed above that felons never deserve guns again is just stupid. I am a convicted felon. I have 24 mistermeaners and 7 felonies from when I was 18 young and stupid and give a false id and bounced my own checking. The judge chose that each check was its own misdemeanor and everytime I showed my id to cash my own checks was an additional charge as an automatic felony. (I couldn't afford a good lawyer either so I didn't know that they could have got them clumped together) I never hurt anybody and I payed for my time & paid all cost and fines. I am now a much wiser 32 year old female who went to college, raised a family, and I haved worked endlessly and pay my taxes. I cannot afford to have my record expunged. I am a very good with guns especially since I grew up on a farm. Even have a 99.8% accuracy with a m 16 on a Navy base at the age of 13. I love and respect guns. The idiot above is saying that I basically don't ever deserve a chance because I screwed up once when I was young. That is rediculous! I wish that people like him would be forced to walk a mile in my shoes to see how hurtful it is not to be able to ever own a gun again and I wish he would know how wrong he is!!!!
    As for the correct answer..some of you got it right. You must have it expunged then do the proper court paperwork to be officially available to own a firearm. In Pennsylvania and Indiana it cost about $5,000 for each charge to be expunged. My cost would be around (24+7x $5,000) $155,000 which is not including cost for the lawyer leg work since an individual cannot expunge records on their own. I misplaced my money tree and I don't think they'll except a check from me ( ha ha just a joke!) Anyways, the law needs to go back to the 7 year rule like it use to be which endend for Pa around 1983-1985. I hope that the law changes, and that I enlighted people who felt that felons are monster and don't deserve to own a gun.(PS: Its the same rule for stunguns & tasers as firearms) Thanks for taking time to see things from a differeny side/view.

Why not just write a check for $155,000.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyez9669 View Post
    To the person listed above that felons never deserve guns again is just stupid. I am a convicted felon. I have 24 mistermeaners and 7 felonies from when I was 18 young and stupid and give a false id and bounced my own checking. The judge chose that each check was its own misdemeanor and everytime I showed my id to cash my own checks was an additional charge as an automatic felony. (I couldn't afford a good lawyer either so I didn't know that they could have got them clumped together) I never hurt anybody and I payed for my time & paid all cost and fines. I am now a much wiser 32 year old female who went to college, raised a family, and I haved worked endlessly and pay my taxes. I cannot afford to have my record expunged. I am a very good with guns especially since I grew up on a farm. Even have a 99.8% accuracy with a m 16 on a Navy base at the age of 13. I love and respect guns. The idiot above is saying that I basically don't ever deserve a chance because I screwed up once when I was young. That is rediculous! I wish that people like him would be forced to walk a mile in my shoes to see how hurtful it is not to be able to ever own a gun again and I wish he would know how wrong he is!!!!
    As for the correct answer..some of you got it right. You must have it expunged then do the proper court paperwork to be officially available to own a firearm. In Pennsylvania and Indiana it cost about $5,000 for each charge to be expunged. My cost would be around (24+7x $5,000) $155,000 which is not including cost for the lawyer leg work since an individual cannot expunge records on their own. I misplaced my money tree and I don't think they'll except a check from me ( ha ha just a joke!) Anyways, the law needs to go back to the 7 year rule like it use to be which endend for Pa around 1983-1985. I hope that the law changes, and that I enlighted people who felt that felons are monster and don't deserve to own a gun.(PS: Its the same rule for stunguns & tasers as firearms) Thanks for taking time to see things from a differeny side/view.

24 misdemeanors 7 felonies adds up to 31 screw ups if you asked me.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    LOL!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    cant give ya rep cause she already made that joke. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Allegheny County)

INAL but even if Pennsylvania said that it is okay to own a gun because of the passage of time, wouldn't the GCA '68 prohibit it until expungement, pardon, or restoration of civi rights by the Secretary of Treasury or does the Secretary of Homeland Security handle that now?

(Montgomery County)

Misdemeanor...

Aiiieeeeee! Got me! It's a four year old zombie thread!
    Last edited by PA Traveler; January 2nd, 2012 at 07:33 PM.

(Northampton County)

...rice and beans didn't missed'er

-Sir Ungawalot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Was my attempt at making a funny that bad?
    Nope. I'm aklways the last one to get the joke. Duh!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast