Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Public Land?

(Adams County)

Default Public Land?

Anyone know any good public hunting in Adams, Franklin, or York county? I've been up to SGL 249 twice for some spring scouting, found some rubs and a few deer trails. It looks fairly good, I dunno about the whole State gameland thing, I don't really wanna get shot by someone out there just spray and prayin.

Edit- Does anyone have a farm that would be willing to let me hunt in exchange for work?
    Last edited by Conivin'Cowboy; February 24th, 2009 at 11:35 PM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Public Land?

Try Michaux State Forest. Or you can go up to Letterkenny. I believe there is state game land up there.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Conivin'Cowboy View Post
    I don't really wanna get shot by some retard out there just spray and prayin.

And the "retards" only hunt public land?

(Adams County)

Nah but I'd say a majority of them do. It's open to the public so anyone can go hunt there, so there's obviously going to be more people there which increases the odds that you're gonna run into more careless people who shoot at anything that resembles a deer without IDing the target.

(Berks County)

As one of the public land retards, I have to tell you that I spend a lot of time
    at the SGL's in Berks County in the summer hunting groundhogs, and seldom see any other retard for months at a time.

The only bad encounter I have ever had on a SGL was with a retard driving an off road vehicle very fast on a road marked "Closed to Vehicular Traffic".
    He nearly ran over my dog.

mark

(Chester County)

Nah but I'd say a majority of them do. It's open to the public so anyone can go hunt there, so there's obviously going to be more people there which increases the odds that you're gonna run into more careless people who shoot at anything that resembles a deer without IDing the target.
    The same thing can be said of people who hunt private property as well. What's to stop some "retard" from trespassing and hunting private property as well.

(Bucks County)

Anyone know any good public hunting in Adams, Franklin, or York county? I've been up to SGL 249 twice for some spring scouting, found some rubs and a few deer trails. It looks fairly good, I dunno about the whole State gameland thing, I don't really wanna get shot by some retard out there just spray and prayin.

Edit- Does anyone have a farm that would be willing to let me hunt in exchange for work?
    Not exactly sure what you are implying here but it is insulting none the less. First of all the use of the word "retard" is insulting to begin with. Some members on this forum may have children, family members or friends with physical/mental disabilities and that is a very derogatory word to us.

Are you saying that hunters that spray and pray only hunt on public land? Or are you saying that all hunters on public land hunt in this fashion? For your information there are, unfortunately, unethical hunters on both private and public land. If you are looking for assistance/advice on this forum it would probably be wise to not insult people while asking for it. Personally, if I owned private land I would not want anyone hunting my land who has this attitude.

(Adams County)

Alright I editted it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't my intention but that's no excuse and it won't happen again.