Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default EOTech 512.A65/1

Is the model I have decided on for a new 16" AR build

1. Anybody want to talk me out of it for a different model? If so, tell me why.
    2. Average price I see is $377 Anybody know of a better deal?

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: EOTech 512.A65/1

GOT ONE ON MINE, LOVE IT, LOOK AT THE DOMINATOR MOUNT FROM www.rockriverarms.com FOR THE EOtech. it is awsome and puts the scope at just the right hieght.

(Berks County)

Default Re: EOTech 512.A65/1

That is what I have on my primary and it works like a champ. I may go with the 552 on my back-up, I haven't really decided yet.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Westmoreland County)

Dave,

I'm not completely familiar with their product line but if it isn't a "Revision F", don't buy it under any circumstances.

If you prefer this type of reflex sight, get their latest and greatest version which IIRC is the 552 series but again, make sure it's a Rev F.

(Bucks County)

Thanks.

What was the issue before Revision F?

From what I can tell the 552 is only different in that allows for use with night vision.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Thanks.

What was the issue before Revision F?
    Up until the Rev F, they had issues with W&E adjustment and tracking, battery life (not run time, but battey power drain), the base / mount loosening, not holding zero (both from the base / mount and electronically) and electronic circuitry failures to name a few.

These have been addressed to a great extent in the Revision F but I still occasionally hear / read AAR's of carbine classes where there have been failures with Rev F's though not nearly as many as previous models. In fact, the failure rate of the Rev F may now simply be isolated examples that is typical of any make / model of optic.

However, it is still strongly advisable to replace the OEM base / mount with something superior (LaRue).

From what I can tell the 552 is only different in that allows for use with night vision.
    If the Non-NV is cheaper, then by all means do without but the Rev F is a must.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Up until the Rev F, they had issues with W&E adjustment and tracking, battery life (not run time, but battey power drain), the base / mount loosening, not holding zero (both from the base / mount and electronically) and electronic circuitry failures to name a few.

These have been addressed to a great extent in the Revision F but I still occasionally hear / read AAR's of carbine classes where there have been failures with Rev F's though not nearly as many as previous models. In fact, the failure rate of the Rev F may now simply be isolated examples that is typical of any make / model of optic.

However, it is still strongly advisable to replace the OEM base / mount with something superior (LaRue).

If the Non-NV is cheaper, then by all means do without but the Rev F is a must.
    Great stuff. Thanks for taking the time!