Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Have weapon prices gone up THAT much???

I'm new to this site but wanted to take the time to say "hello" and kind of catch up on the firearms buying experience. I just called Cabela's and asked about prices for the S&W 9VE Sigma series chambered for 9mm. The guy tells me it's gonna cost me $525.00!!!!!!!!! I bought this same weapon 2 years ago from them and it cost me $319.00. Have prices really gone up that much in 2 years??? Does anyone know where I can get this weapon (new or used) at a fair price. I've got an email in to Shakey and I work with a guy who deals on a part-time basis, but would still like a little more input if possible. Thanks folks and be safe!!!

Default Re: Have weapon prices gone up THAT much???

From my observations, Cabela's is not the best place to price guns (or ammo, or accessories). I've never come across a good deal at one of their stores in regards to anything related to firearms.

Try some local gun shops, you should be able to find a better deal.

(Adams County)

I bought a Sigma a few weeks ago from my local hardware store for about $395 or so. I thought Cabelas was a bit high priced for everything, myself.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Quote Originally Posted by #1cagekicker View Post
    I'm new to this site but wanted to take the time to say "hello" and kind of catch up on the firearms buying experience. I just called Cabela's and asked about prices for the S&W 9VE Sigma series chambered for 9mm. The guy tells me it's gonna cost me $525.00!!!!!!!!! I bought this same weapon 2 years ago from them and it cost me $319.00. Have prices really gone up that much in 2 years??? Does anyone know where I can get this weapon (new or used) at a fair price. I've got an email in to Shakey and I work with a guy who deals on a part-time basis, but would still like a little more input if possible. Thanks folks and be safe!!!
    No, they haven't, and sure hell not for a Sigma. I can find 'em here for $325 - $350, and Glocks, XDs, M&Ps are up a little bit, but still in the $500-550 range.

Now, that's not saying there aren't stores that carry them for a lot more. But they aren't stores I'm shopping at. Cabella's, you gotta shop them carefully. They've got a big selection, and often decent prices. Especially if you consider they only charge $3 for PICS instead of the $20 or $25 other stores charge. But sometimes, for some new guns, their prices are downright silly, and their used gun prices transcend ridiculous.

At a gun show this past weekend, I saw a Taurus PT1911 on sale for $875... doesn't mean that's what they are going for! Ya gotta shop around.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Thumbs up Re: Have weapon prices gone up THAT much???

I would go with a better gun than a Sigma to start with. An excellent bargain on the market right now is the Sig P6 or p225. A very nice used German Police weapon you can get for under $350. It comes with a Lifetime warranty from Sig and they will refinish it for free if you ship it to them.

R

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    I would go with a better gun than a Sigma to start with. An excellent bargain on the market right now is the Sig P6 or p225. A very nice used German Police weapon you can get for under $350. It comes with a Lifetime warranty from Sig and they will refinish it for free if you ship it to them.

R
    Hey hey hey...that sigma is a lot of fun to shoot, and it feels nice too

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Monroe County)

Hey, who's pissin' about my never ftf'd, fte, no problem ever, Sigma???

Sigmas, talking about the VE series, are extremely reliable from my experience and word of mouth. The older Sigmas had some problems, but I have not heard of anyone having anything out of the ordinary happen with the VE's. My .40VE has over 1000 through it and not one problem, ever. I paid $349 TOTAL after rebate, getting an Uncle Mike's sidekick, box of Blazer, box of Cor-Bon, PICS, tax, and a cleaning kit.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Schuylkill County)

I received a reply from Shakey right here in Orwigsburg and his price is fantastic. I always try to keep my money local and I'm glad he opened a shop here in town. So, that solves that conundrum and by Saturday, I'll be a VE owner again. I appreciate all the input I've received (even the S & W zingers) and hope you all remain safe. Thanks!!!