Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default My Brother Got a Glock in the Face....

...earlier today. he called me up, freaking out about it, and he's pissed off to the point that he wants to break something.

my brother lives with a roommate, a fairly decent guy, who's been in no real trouble with the law. this guy has one problem: a psycho ex-girlfriend. he moved to VA with her, and ran back here, to escape her craziness. i can attest to the craziness; i once had a 5 minute chat with her, years ago; it was idle small talk. months later, i found out that i practically raped her.

anyway, he's been back here for a few months. today, while he was out and about, my brother was home alone, with his son, who he gets to see every other weekend. he heard a knock at the door, so he went to answer it. he, like me, makes it a habit to be armed whenever he's awake. he carries a Keltec PF9 IWB, or a Hi Point .45 in his backpack. he answered the door in shorts, a tank top, and a Keltec.

they asked him his name, so he gave it. then, one officer said "what's that?", to which my brother replied, "uh, it's my piece." they proceeded to freak out, drawing their guns on him, ordering him out of the house, and disarming him. "what the hell are you walking around your house with a gun for?" one asked.

"it's my right," was all my brother said.

once he was "secure", they asked for his roommate's whereabouts, and the last time he'd seen him. my brother at this point was in no mood to be helpful, so he didn't tell them much. "why are you all looking for him anyway?"

"he has a warrant on him from VA. if you see him, give him this number to call. tell him that we're not interested in extraditing him, but he needs to come in to answer some questions."

my brother took the card with the info on it. they let themsleves inside his place, and put his gun and mag on a table. "don't pick that up until we're gone. don't see why you'd need a gun in your own home, anyway."

they left, leaving my nephew scared, and my brother enraged.

i'm of the opinion that he should file a complaint down at the police station, but he thinks it's be a waste of time, and only further aggravate him. thoughts, anyone?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: My Brother Got a Glock in the Face....

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i'm of the opinion that he should file a complaint down at the police station, but he thinks it's be a waste of time, and only further aggravate him. thoughts, anyone?
    I'm thinking that a complaint is in order on this. Of course it is your brothers call but it seems to me that the officers involved overreacted.

(Lehigh County)

I'm guessing that they wouldn't have done this if it were a nice big house with a gentlemanly white guy answering the door.

sounds like a spectacular situation is brewing, and I advise you to tell your brother to get some type of recording device in place, as these visits will probably continue... up to and including some bone-headed storm-trooper style entry.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

why was his gun in view anyway?

i dont blame the police for taking action, as for all they know the picture they should have had could have been wrong and they were just doing the job. could things have been more smooth, yes. do i blame them for what they did? no. what if they answered the door and your brothers budy was there (not your brother) and the charge he is wanted on is violent (do you or your brother know what the real charges are?) it could have ended up dead cop.

would i be pissed as all hell? YUP! BUT, i also would not have "shown my cards" at the door...
    This Space For Rent

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    why was his gun in view anyway?

i dont blame the police for taking action, as for all they know the picture they should have had could have been wrong and they were just doing the job. could things have been more smooth, yes. do i blame them for what they did? no. what if they answered the door and your brothers budy was there (not your brother) and the charge he is wanted on is violent (do you or your brother know what the real charges are?) it could have ended up dead cop.

would i be pissed as all hell? YUP! BUT, i also would not have "shown my cards" at the door...
    You're making way to much sense
    Last edited by Hawk; February 16th, 2009 at 05:42 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Mercer County)

Whether the gun was visable or not is moot.

He has the right to have a gun in his home! He can CC, OC, or twirl it on his finger if he so chooses.

Definitely file the complaint!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Whether the gun was visable or not is moot.

He has the right to have a gun in his home! He can CC, OC, or twirl it on his finger if he so chooses.

Definitely file the complaint!
    Um I wouldn't do that.... Your house or not. The police show up and advise you of there presence and you open the door twirling a gun in there face? Um don't think so... Good way to get a gun pulled on you and or end up in jail for threatening an officer.

Anyways, Why would he open the door to police holding a gun? That would be why you open the door just enough to the officers and find out if you need to leave the house. Give them direct simple answers to their questions in this case, and the situation is over. But the fact that they entered the house uninvited to relinquish the weapon back into his possession is a problem. File a report and see what happens. Can't really do much though especially if the cops had a warrant for the room mate from VA and the guy that happened to answer the door at the known residence of the suspects location has a gun. If I was that officer I would unholster my weapon to under those circumstances.
    Last edited by Mxrider346; February 16th, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mxrider346 View Post
    Um I wouldn't do that.... Your house or not. The police show up and advise you of there presence and you open the door twirling a gun in there face? Um don't think so... Good way to get shot or end up in jail

which is exactly what the hell the 2nd Amendment is for. The police have no right to come into your home and deprive you of your rights without due process, or because they "feel like it"

as far as the story has been related thus far, there was an aggressive illegal entry, threat of murder for doing nothing wrong, and a detainment that borders on arrest (though he wasn't taken down to the station, begin ordered out of your home while it is illegally searched and under threat of violence by a person acting in an official capacity is about as fucking Nazi as you get).
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

umm... if they are looking for a bad guy, and have papers... they didnt enter illegaly. if a person has a gun and the police are at the door... not a good time to show said gun.

like i said before, everything would have gone a lot more smooth if a gun was not in the mix.

i answer my door with a gun EVERY TIME, expecting someone or not. BUT, i dont show it.
    This Space For Rent

they proceeded to freak out, drawing their guns on him, ordering him out of the house, and disarming him. "what the hell are you walking around your house with a gun for?" one asked.
    If I don't know who you are, and you've knocked on my door I will talk to you from the second story window like most smart people around here. I keep a shotgun by that window. If you are a police officer I probably will not answer at all unless I've called you.

they let themsleves inside his place, and put his gun and mag on a table.
    Because he didn't lock the door behind him. dont answer at all, two dont answer without a chain on the door and dont answer to cops with a visible gun. The door either CHAINED or you go outside and lock the door behind you immediately, or out the back door, and meet them out front.

"don't see why you'd need a gun in your own home, anyway."
    Alright now that comment definitely warrants a complaint..........
    Last edited by archangel689; February 16th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast