Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Ammo prices are still up, why??

On the exchange rate alone, importers are likely paying 40% less for Wolf, Bear, Tiger ammo than they were last August.

I don't know, but I seen people who advertise on here (not the official advertisers BTW) who have prices higher then any i have seen, maybe they can explain how they can have sigh high prices...

I mean If I was to advertise prices here and offer a "Discount" to members, I would try to at least see if my prices where in the general ballpark of other places.

Just my .02
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Monroe County)

right now the prices are based 100% on supply and demand!!

Last year I was paying 40 to 50 cents a pound for guarenteed once fired brass from several different military bases,LEO training ranges and DHS training ranges around the country. I just purchase over 10,000 pounds (approx 1.2 million rounds) from DHS at a cost of almost $2.00 per pound!!

Last year I was buying bulk 55 FMJ heads at $35.00 per thousand. Last week I ordered 60,000 at a cost of $57.00 per thousand.

Last year I was paying $68.00 per thousand for the heads I use for my LE load. This year I'm paying $88.00 per thousand.

NOW!

Last year I had NO problem getting anything I use in the way of powder,primers or heads.

This year is a MESS!!

I ordered 90,000 heads for my LE load and only received 50,000 with projected delivery on the other 40,000 of early MAY!!

for primers I just ordered

50,000 SP and received 50,000
    50,000 LP and received 25,000
    150,000 SR and received ZERO
    50,000 LR and received 50,000

ESTIMATED back order to be filled in 10 to 12 WEEKS on all primers!

I could go on and on with this with powder and such but
    the bottom line is that the supply is NOT keeping up to the demand and as long as it continues, prices WILL continue to rise because the component manufactures just keep raising them and will continue to do so till supply and demand level out!!

JMHO,
    Rich W.

panic buying.....maybe everyone should take a break from buying for now, WE are the cause for this mess.. (or partly)
    FJB

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    A bigger question is, why are they still ripping us off for motor oil?
    Why? Why does a dog lick his balls?
    true dat...when oil was $4/gallon, the cost to do an oil change at Walmart was under $25...now, it's like $32.

Someone told me the cost of the oil filters went up, but damn...$7?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    panic buying.....maybe everyone should take a break from buying for now, WE are the cause for this mess.. (or partly)
    Panic buying is the biggest cause but who the hell knows what the big O is going to pull in the next couple months so I can understand that one.

The other 2 things that are driving prices is people are buying loading components by the thousand and they don't even reload or have the equipt to do so. They are doing because of the serialization BS that is basicly DEAD. They figure they will buy the components now and if the serialization goes thru THEN they will buy the equipt to roll thier own!!

The next thing is the lack of jobs and the people who are searching for anything to make a buck. They are the ones driving the price of once fired brass thru the roof. They see 1000rnds of 223 brass selling for 70 to 80 bucks on gun broker and the such. They are signing up on the major auction sites and driving prices thru the roof by thinking that at $2.00 a pound they can pull some fast cash by polishing and reselling on gun broker.Thier theory is somewhat sound but thier planning is seriously lacking from inexperience. Once they find out that it takes 8 to 10 hours to polish 1000rnds of 223 in a basic vibrating polisher and they still need to sort,count and package the brass for sale, THEN they realize that they are only making a wopping 5 or 6 bucks an hour for the work. Then they tend to call thier local manufacturer to see if they can unload all the brass they over paid for at an even higher price so they atleast break even. The big thing that concerns me and shows how bad the economy is really getting is the fact that ALL of the gov. sites require you follow the GSA of 68 and provide a copy of your FFL or a signed letter that the components will NOT be used for thier original intended purpose. I sure hope that no one that is already in financial problems and just looking for bill money ends up getting slapped for doing something they shouldn't be to begin with.

OK so I know I got a little off topic but it all goes to show that ammo prices will probably not stabalize and go back down to realistic prices anytime in the near future. BUT that is just my humble opinion.

Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I don't know, but I seen people who advertise on here (not the official advertisers BTW) who have prices higher then any i have seen, maybe they can explain how they can have sigh high prices...

I mean If I was to advertise prices here and offer a "Discount" to members, I would try to at least see if my prices where in the general ballpark of other places.

Just my .02
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Official advertisers", but I guess anyone who has paid for ad space is about as official as it gets. I'm not sure how many "Unofficial advertisers" offer a discount to forum members, but I do know that I have a banner floating around here offering 10% off for PAFOA members and I feel the need to speak up. If your comment wasn't aimed at me, then this is food for thought anyway

If you find what you need at AIG Tactical and it seems to be priced too high, feel free to drop me a line - rickatallin-enterprises.com - and show me someplace else that has the same product in stock at a cheaper price and I'll likely be able to beat their price.

That being said...It's not just about how online prices compare with the local brick and mortar shop where you have to drive, spend time and gas money getting there, then show up just to find out that the .223 rounds that you wanted weren't there. (Incidentally, I don't have any .223 rounds in stock right now either, but at least you didn't have to invest your time and gas money to go find out!) At least online, you have the convenience of looking around, seeing what's in stock right now and making a purchase if you find what you're looking for.

The 10% forum members' discount doesn't only apply to ammo. It applies to holsters, grips and everything else on the site as well. I was checking some prices at Gander Mountain today and my holsters and magazines are priced well below theirs and I have about 500% more selection. Here's some feedback that I just received from a customer:

Quote Originally Posted by Customer Feedback
    I received the Nikon Buckmaster BDC scope in great condition and very quickly. I wanted to thank you for your help with the ordering. Clarifying product questions & even updating your site description with the new information went above & beyond. Having gotten back so quickly over a weekend via email & even responding on a Sunday is what made me choose your company over others. I immediately stopped looking & proceeded to checkout. It was also a great surprise that you had the best price on the product I was looking for & it was in-stock. I will be a return customer & will definitely guide others to your site.
    So, if you find what you need and go through the checkout for 10% off, then great. If you find what you need and it seems to be priced too high, feel free to drop me a line - rickatallin-enterprises.com - and show me someplace else that has the same product in stock at a cheaper price and I'll likely be able to beat their price.

Keep in mind that we offer free shipping on all orders over $125.00.

allingeneral.com, Local within 10 miles from my place, 9mm Blazer Your Product.
    I paid $178 Tx included, 2 weeks ago by the thousand, (20X50) I can get it for $10 per K more 500 feet from my front door... But i like the place I shop at.

Although you don't have 12 G bulk packs, I get it local same place $53 per box of 250, (10X25) tx included.
    Mom and pop place, and when I need help with some thing lik emaybe a good price because I help the sporting shoots, I get little extras for free, I believe in supporting people, but they need to believe in supporting me a little too.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Frenchy - I definitely understand the "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" philosophy.

You're very fortunate to have good places locally. I have to drive 30 miles to get ammunition. I also have to say that less than 9 bucks/50 rounds is a good deal on the 9mm rounds you mentioned. I wouldn't buy anything from me if I were you either

I do appreciate your feedback. I lowered the price on the Blazer 9mm 124 grain FMJ, but I can't get anywhere near 9 dollars/box.

I'd really like to cut some deals. My source ammo prices are up, so I can't go crazy with it, but if anyone is interested in something on the site and I can make them a deal on it, I'm more than happy to do so.

- Rick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123