Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Exclamation Open carry and Law Enforcment

Hello All,

I am new member and new owner of a handgun. I have been researching the internet to find all of PA's gun laws and carry laws. I am surprised to find you can openly carry a hand gun in the State. I am a little nervous about OC. Not in that I am unconfident in my skill with my Ruger KP345 ACP(plenty of training with a friend who has carried for years) ,or in the reactions of people on the street, but more with the reactions I may get from COPS. Specifically in Lancaster City, which is becoming more violent every day. Just to use an example (not to get off the subject) I was awoken at 4:30 am this past friday morning to the yells of a Lancaster City police officer and six of his colleages making a Felony Stop out front of my house. Of course this rattles me and only makes me feel safer to have bought a gun for mine and my family's protection.

NOW TO THE POINT..... Has anyone had any kind of confrontation with the Lancaster City Police in regards to OPEN CARRY. And if so what was the outcome of the situation.

I Open Carried for the first time yesterday. I walked to a corner store to pick up a few things, and on my way back home there were three Lancaster City police officers attempting to enter and make contact with a suspect in a building. As I passed I was not sure if the officer closest to me even noticed the large pistol in plain sight on my hip. But if he did, he either did not care or was too busy to say anything. If anyone has a story to tell please post a reply !!! Thanks for reading !!
    Last edited by Armed_in_Lancity; February 16th, 2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: grammar correction

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Open carry and Law Enforcment

Listen man why open carry? Why make the general public feel uncomfortable? Why scare little kids? Why draw attention? Just Conceal carry (think element of surprise) you know its there and that’s all that matters you don’t have to show off.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: Open carry and Law Enforcment

I appreciate your candor but I am looking for an answer related to the question, not your opinion on Open Carry. With all due respect to your opinion of course. Thank you.
    Last edited by Armed_in_Lancity; February 16th, 2009 at 03:14 AM.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_in_Lancity View Post
    Hello All,

I am new member and new owner of a handgun. I have been researching the internet to find all of PA's gun laws and carry laws. I am surprised to find you can openly carry a hand gun in the State. I have a little nervous about OC. Not in that I am unconfident in my skill with my Ruger KP345 ACP(plenty of training with a friend who has carried for years) ,or in the reactions of people on the street, but more with the reactions I may get from COPS. Specifically in Lancaster City, which is becoming more violent every day. Just to use an example (not to get off the subject) I was awoken at 4:30 am this past friday morning to the yells of a Lancaster City police officer and six of his colleages making a Felony Stop out front of my house. Of course this rattles me and only makes me feel safer to have bought a gun for mine and my family's protection.

NOW TO THE POINT..... Has anyone had any kind of confrontation with the Lancaster City Police in regards to OPEN CARRY. And if so what was the outcome of the situation.

I Open Carried for the first time yesterday. I walked to a corner store to pick up a few things, and on my way back home there were three Lancaster City police officers attempting to enter and make contact with a suspect in a building. As I passed I was not sure if the officer closest to me even noticed the large pistol in plain sight on my hip. But if he did, he either did not care or was too busy to say anything. If anyone has a story to tell please post a reply !!! Thanks for reading !!
    I havent herd of any negative encounters with Lancaster PD as of late. If you are worried about a potential negitive encounter, do a fourms search and send the PD there some training Memos Pa Pat. made up and keep a copy of Pa Pat OC pocket guide with you at all times, so when they say you are breaking X law you can tell them your not.
    Last edited by crakkajakka15; February 16th, 2009 at 02:40 AM.

(Armstrong County)

+1 rep sent on exercising your Right to OC
    There are lots of us that OC all the time.
    I'm sure some of the fine folks that OC in Lancaster City will be by to let you know if there are any issues.

Excuse the other reply from ALPAPS, as some on here would rather exercise a revocable privilege instead of a Right. They are usually afraid to put their ass on the line to really stand by OC'ing while undermining our "Right" to do so. OC is the purest form of exercising you Right to Keep and Bear Arms as you need no permission slip to do so from anyone.

An OC Activist
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the replies! I am already feeling at home !!

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_in_Lancity View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I am already feeling at home !!
    prop that! be educated and spread the love!
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Lehigh County)

When you are not OC'ing, walk up to a Police Officer that you see and ask their opinion. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised to hear their answer.
    Don't tell them that you are CC'ing.

Let us know what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary737 View Post
    When you are not OC'ing, walk up to a Police Officer that you see and ask their opinion. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised to hear their answer.
    Don't tell them that you are CC'ing.

Let us know what you find out.
    That will only get you wrong info., or their opinion.
    Not a good idea.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALPAPS View Post
    Listen man why open carry? Why make the general public feel uncomfortable? Why scare little kids? Why draw attention? Just Conceal carry (think element of surprise) you know its there and that’s all that matters you don’t have to show off.

Holy cow!
    4 RED Blocks?!?

Has ALPAPS achieved the PAFOA Neg Rep record? And I didn't even ping him!
    <I see he was busy slinging BS elsewhere too>
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast