Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA members

I have a lifetime membership since I was a very young boy, as does the rest of my family. Dad is a big supported of the NRA, and I'm glad that they're doing something, even if some people don't think it's enough or they're going about it right. They have sent some amazing books, photos, coins, etc over the years, lol.

Default Re: NRA members

I signed up at the Valley Forge Gun Show. I am still waiting for my welcome packet....

(Philadelphia County)

I am a Life Member and usually give them $500 to $1000 every year.

I don't always agree with their tactics and I fear that the bigger and more powerful they get, the more likely it is that they will make a gross political blunder which costs us all dearly.

However, they are the best we've got and God knows where we'd be without them.

A point that many forget is that the NRA is a political organization. That means they cannot "stand tall" always and everywhere or they would lose when it really counts.

None should let the best become an enemy of the good.

The fact is that we are not likely - any time soon - to win a definitive, final supreme court ruling that sweeps away the anti-gun movement and completely upholds and delineates our rights to keep and bear. Thus, our future lies in the state and federal legislatures. So, politics being what it is, our strategy requires trade-offs.

Please bear this in mind when you see the NRA "caving" on something.

The real work belongs to us: to convince our friends and neighbors that a gun is just an inanimate assembly of metal that cannot walk, cannot talk - cannot kill. If we do our part, the NRA will have a much easier time doing what it does best.

Because of the monolithic structure of political correctness in places like Philadelphia, it is literally forbidden to look at the real causes of the epidemic of violence. Thus, the thought police, like a magician at a child's birthday party, misdirect everyone's attention to the red herring of "Gun Control". And the soviet style propaganda organs of that mis- and dis-information are the main stream media.

Let's be very clear about this: Our primary enemy is the main stream media. It is they who most dangerously threaten our civil liberties. It is they who must be inundated with letters to the editor when they print idiocy or have their phone lines jammed when they air a biased hit-piece. It is they who must be told in no uncertain terms why a subscription is being cancelled; their advertisers must be told why we will not buy their products. It is they who must be unceasingly harassed and opposed.

Those who would strip us of the single most basic civil liberty have been fighting dirty for over twenty-five years; we must respond in kind.

Hit 'em in the pocketbook and they'll start listening.

I dream of a day when the NRA can go back to just organizing rifle matches.

-Baron von Voolfie

(Blair County)

Unhappy Re: NRA members

Me tooooooo

(Delaware County)

I'm actually a member of both the NRA and ACLU. I wonder how often that happens?

Protect ALL our rights.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhtar View Post
    I'm actually a member of both the NRA and ACLU. I wonder how often that happens?

Protect ALL our rights.
    I was ACLU until I needed my gun rights defended. They told me that there is not even a hint of guns being a 'right' in the Constitution.

The NRA only makes a claim to be a Gun Rights group. The ACLU claims to be group that defends the whole Constitution. Which is a lie. They defend hate groups and I swallow hard because the rights of all must be protected. They defend pedophiles and I swallow even harder. But when they right off my rights then who cares about anybody else's.

(Monroe County)

just joined with the Glock discount

(Berks County)

I've been a life member for years. They seem to be the only pro group that has anyone's ears at the federal level.

(York County)

I have a 1 year membership as of 6 hours ago... can't wait till my stuff comes in the mail

(Westmoreland County)

Thumbs up Re: NRA members

43 members

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast