Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default NJ Resident getting a PA CC

I know of someone who is a NJ resident. As we all know it's next to impossible to get a CC in NJ. Can my buddy get a PA non-resident permit? I think that PA requires that you get a CC from your state of residence first (if the state offers one), but don't know if NJ technically makes a CC available.

If he can't get one from PA what about UT or FL?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NJ Resident getting a PA CC

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I know of someone who is a NJ resident. As we all know it's next to impossible to get a CC in NJ. Can my buddy get a PA non-resident permit? I think that PA requires that you get a CC from your state of residence first (if the state offers one), but don't know if NJ technically makes a CC available.

If he can't get one from PA what about UT or FL?

Go with UT/FL, as NJ does offer permits (albeit only to the politically connected) so he won't be able to get a PA LTCF.

(Lehigh County)

Just curious ... NJ doesn't recognize out of state licenses to carry. So, if he gets one, what is he going to do with it?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Just curious ... NJ doesn't recognize out of state licenses to carry. So, if he gets one, what is he going to do with it?
    Carry in the 33 states that recognize FL or UT.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    I would imagine he would want/use it for when he comes into PA!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

http://www.njcsd.org/

NJ Coalition for Self Defense hosts classes to get a FL non-resident permit. The training class, applications, fingerprinting, and range are all conducted in one day making it easy. Get in touch with them and find out when they'll have one (usually in the warmer months).

It doesn't solve the problem if you're in NJ but is good in many states.

I got my FL permit for travel to states that honor it... For me that's mainly PA, Fl, and Arkansas. But as mentioned above, it will allow your friend to carry in some 33 states...

PA should really get on the ball and change their CC permit law to allow NJ to purchase PA Non-resident. Maybe change the differentiation between may issue and shall issue. There's a lot of $ flowing down to Flordia that could just as easily be floating across the Delaware.

(Allegheny County)

I did the same thing. I live in commie MD, so I got my FL to carry in PA. You friend will have to wait around 90 days to get his permit after he sends in his apllication. If he has a hunter saftey card from NJ that is good enough for the training class part of the FL application. I had to watch a video in MD when I bought my Sigma and the piece of paper that said I watched the video was good enough for me.
    Obama.........Just another BUM looking for change

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2Shoot View Post
    I got my FL permit for travel to states that honor it... For me that's mainly PA, Fl, and Arkansas. But as mentioned above, it will allow your friend to carry in some 33 states...

PA should really get on the ball and change their CC permit law to allow NJ to purchase PA Non-resident. Maybe change the differentiation between may issue and shall issue. There's a lot of $ flowing down to Flordia that could just as easily be floating across the Delaware.
    I agree with loosening the criteria to SHALL ISSUE or, as New Hampshire, just require a CCW from ANY STATE!
    Lord, help me become the person my dog believes I am

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2Shoot View Post

*Bold added*
    Pa should not have to change for another state, especially communist NJ. This is typical of todays society. NJ should start to trust their citizens and actually issue a lisence/permit.

Yes, changing their issue status would be a good start.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast