Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pattons Right!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Pattons Right!

So i had an interesting conversation yesterday with a young Lady about the our Current president and gun laws. She told me and i quote "Well every one seems to be thinking alike that he is the greatest president ever". I responded to her simply Saying " To Quote General George S. Patton 'if everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking'" She told me she did not know who he was i told her to look it up and left just thought this was interesting thought i would share my little talk.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pattons Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff4570 View Post
    So i had an interesting conversation yesterday with a young Lady about the our Current president and gun laws. She told me and i quote "Well every one seems to be thinking alike that he is the greatest president ever". I responded to her simply Saying " To Quote General George S. Patton 'if everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking'" She told me she did not know who he was i told her to look it up and left just thought this was interesting thought i would share my little talk.
    It's a damn shame that this country is filled with people that consider themselves educated voters yet don't know any history what so ever.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    It's a damn shame that this country is filled with people that consider themselves educated voters yet don't know any history what so ever.
    oh Believe me that is my Biggest complaint about education!!! most history teachers only teach history that benifits them anyway every learns about the "terrors and wrong doings" of vietnam and about the "great heroic" protesters and the "glory" of JFK but not a thing about reagan or people like Patton.

or Franklin Delano and 'the New Deal'

Took WWII to clean up that hope and change

history is detain to repeat its self.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Wayne County)

I'm curious how old this woman was. It's pretty sad when someone doesn't know about our history. And nothing ticks me off more than people already saying that Barack is the greatest president ever. People were saying that before he even took the oath and those people have no brain.

He hasn't been in more than a month yet and he figured out how to bankrupt us even more....ya as far as the welfare people...he's doing a great job because everyone is getting "free $"

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Lehigh County)

oh Believe me that is my Biggest complaint about education!!! most history teachers only teach history that benifits them anyway every learns about the "terrors and wrong doings" of vietnam and about the "great heroic" protesters and the "glory" of JFK but not a thing about reagan or people like Patton.
    I had to laugh at a recent show of Family Feud... the question was "Name someone whose ideas have made the world a better place." I almost choked when I saw the top five answers, which I repeat here in their order of popularity:

1. Martin Luther King 28
    2. Oprah 14
    3. Bill Clinton 10
    4. Ben Franklin 7
    5. Jesus 6

Was it Will Rogers or P.T. Barnum who said something along the lines of "Never underestimate the gullibility of the American public?"

/maybe it was H. L. Mencken?

(Allegheny County)

As far as Obama being the best president, well I didn't vote for him so time will tell on how "Great" he will be. Right now, he looks like political bully and a dammed fine salesman.

(Clarion County)

I totally agree with you about the lack of knowledge in our masses.Today,I don't think even the most learned could not make a wise and rational choice
    about anything going on here.We don't have the facts.With all the hidden agendas,lobyists,etc. we'll never have enough data to make an intelligent choice.We've only got one side of the coin as it were.We only hear what "they ", want us to hear,we only know,what,"they", want us to know.
    It's all behind closed doors.The better the education,the more the realization of when to bend over and kiss our butts good-bye !!!
    Auh ! Ignorance is bliss.The more we know,the more frustrating and betrayed I become !!!!!!!

Unfortunately to a large extent it is not the teachers. It is the system, people in charge of schools, government, and (believe it or not) political correctness that have led to where our education system is being more inadequate every day.

~ Derek (4th year Secondary Ed. BSE with a concentration in history)
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Unfortunately to a large extent it is not the teachers. It is the system, people in charge of schools, government, and (believe it or not) political correctness that have led to where our education system is being more inadequate every day.

~ Derek (4th year Secondary Ed. BSE with a concentration in history)
    Repped ya on it, but...

As a history teacher, you should already know that "But I was just following orders!" hasn't flown as a defense since Nuremberg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast