Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking around the corner...

Have you ever wondererd when some one would come out with a nintendo gun, some thing that you viewed in a camera and could shoot around a corner? Wonder no more, Its here !

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articles/corner.asp
    Last edited by Frenchy; July 24th, 2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

I saw a piece on this gun on one of those magazine television shows(20/20, 60minutes, etc) They showed it in action and it looked to suit their purposes very well. When time permits, I'll follow the link to see if there's more info on it. Thanks for posting the picture.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Northumberland County)

Actually it isn't a gun, it's a gun accessory, notice that it is just a glock fitted in the front there, I am pretty sure that if it were sold to the public that it'd be considered an NFA item probably a SBR or an AOW once assembled.

(Butler County)

Pretty darn cool looking. Learning how to manage recoil and muzzle flip must take some serious effort. And woe betide the guy who drops one in the mud.

Given the direction the ejector is pointed, I'd definitely want a helmet, a full face shield, and a turtleneck.

Puts me in mind of something that was popular with the kids at DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) back in the 90's when I was peripherally involved with them: the "smart bullet". Basically a 'smart bomb' in a bullet-sized package: show it a picture of the bad guy, fire it, and it chases the BG all over hell-n-back, adjusting for windage on the fly, plotting mid-course corrections, and even zipping around corners. Unfortunately, a few small problems emerged during the development program:

1. Nobody had the slightest friggin idea how to build such a thing.
    2. If somebody could build it, it would prolly cost about a million dollars a round.

Those DARPA kids were always good for a laugh. Your tax dollars at work....
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    (Last words of Gen. John Sedgwick, referring to Confederate sharpshooters 1000 yds. away, at the battle of Spotsylvania Court House, May 9, 1864)

I doubt it will be available for the average Joe...the inventor is from Israel and he designed it to help clear rooms. It is called cornershot...I think the website is actually www.cornershot.com. I see it being useful for LE/Military, but not sure why I'd want or need one.

I saw that firearm on tv the other day. I thought it was quite interesting. I know for a while, some people were saying that "juba" was maying using that against our men over in Iraq. Because the camera shook a great deal as the rifle was fired, and so people were arguing that the camera was mounted on the gun, and some sort of variation of this firearm. Anyway, it's all only speculation, but I found it kind of wild.

(Bucks County)

Default seen it on TV

They showed this "attachment" to either a hand gun or small sub machine gun on TV the other day. i think it was on the Military channel and the show was called Future weapons......anyways in theory it is a good idea, All it simply is is a trigger sytem the goes around a corner with a tv on it, i think it holds any choice of semi-auto hand gun or sub-machine gun. however when seeing someone, who is trained with it, trying to use the cornershot looked very inacurate and unbalanced, when the gun is fired it shakes the tv "attachment" because of the wierd angle of witch it is fired. and when it fold back into straight position it takes a second for the person to swing the arm back in place, witch means things during that time can get real ugly. Again, the thaught is in the right direction but i do not think it is practicle.
    drak