Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Weather Warrior

(Allegheny County)

Default Weather Warrior

Anyone have a Savage Weather Warrior, or any Savage rifle with the "Accutrigger" and "Accustock"?

(Centre County)

Default Re: Weather Warrior

I have a Savage 12 FV in .204 Ruger with the Accu-Trigger (set to about 1 1/2 lbs) and love that trigger system. Very easy to adjust also (they give you the tool).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Perry County)

not sure what the accustock is but i have a .22 rifle with the accutrigger.

http://www.savagearms.com/markiibtvs.htm it's this one but with blued metal and a darker colored stock. it was a Dick's Sporting Goods exclusive.

(Bedford County)

I have a 16 Weather Warrior in .308 I use for my bad weather gun.

Mine was the older model before the Accutrigger came out. I installed a Timney trigger in mine which I like better anyway. I also installed a Decelerator recoil pad because they are really light rifles and have a decent amount of recoil. ( My friend has one in 7mm08 that kicks even worse).

My gun is ugly but shoots very well. It's everything I wanted in a simple deer slayer. I shoot the cheapo 150 grain Remington's from Wally World and it shoots great groups.

I think I paid $420 for mine including the Timney trigger and pad. I bought mine in the closeout deal as the new Accutrigger models were comming out.

Great rifle for the money.

(Chester County)

My .22 has that trigger. It occasionally fails to reset properly, and I have to re-lift the bolt to get it to reset.

Never tried to fix it.... It's better than most stock triggers, though.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    My .22 has that trigger. It occasionally fails to reset properly, and I have to re-lift the bolt to get it to reset.

Never tried to fix it.... It's better than most stock triggers, though.
    So is that a nay vote on quality grounds? Or a favorable based on the trigger? I don't have any experience with Savage rifles, but on paper I was leaning towards them. I was also thinking about CZ models with the kevlar stocks. I liked the Savage adjustable trigger idea and the price.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
    So is that a nay vote on quality grounds? Or a favorable based on the trigger? I don't have any experience with Savage rifles, but on paper I was leaning towards them. I was also thinking about CZ models with the kevlar stocks. I liked the Savage adjustable trigger idea and the price.
    Well, it's better than a stock Remington trigger. It's not better than a good tuned aftermarket trigger. You'll probably find more options for Remington triggers than Savage...though that might not be true.

I don't do a whole lot with hunting/ sniper rifles.

IOW, it's better than stock, but not the same as getting a good aftermarket.

(Bedford County)

At our shop I have actually taken Accutriggers out and replaced them with Timney triggers.

Some folks love them, some hate them.

If you have fired the Glock or XD and are used to the "dual trigger" design...you will have no problems with the Accutrigger. Old school shooters generally hate them.

For a hunting rifle/ tactical / sniper rifle....I like the Timney adjustable trigger that breaks in the 2.5#-3# range.

For the most part, after market triggers for the Savage are as common as Remington. Timney and Rifle Basix make a decent trigger for both brands.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    At our shop I have actually taken Accutriggers out and replaced them with Timney triggers.

Some folks love them, some hate them.

If you have fired the Glock or XD and are used to the "dual trigger" design...you will have no problems with the Accutrigger. Old school shooters generally hate them.

For a hunting rifle/ tactical / sniper rifle....I like the Timney adjustable trigger that breaks in the 2.5#-3# range.

For the most part, after market triggers for the Savage are as common as Remington. Timney and Rifle Basix make a decent trigger for both brands.
    I guess what I'm looking for, now that you mention it, is a Glock for hunting. Since Glock doesn't make one (yet) I'm trying to approximate.

I want something that gets the job done and that I'm not afraid to scratch up or carry in the rain and snow. I was looking at the CZ and Savage, instead of say Remington because I wanted a "mauser" action.

Sounds from what you are saying the trigger is a non-issue, as I can swap it out if I don't like it.